Who we are looking for:
We are looking for caring, compassionate and engaging individuals to help promote independence, self-esteem and social integration in a residential environment. A Residential-CIT: Manager is someone that is flexible and able to manage several staff and is responsible for the overall functioning of the site they serve. Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to interact with our individuals in a positive encouraging way, demonstrate a professional demeanor, patience, empathy and possess a strong desire to help others. Problem solving skills, on-call availability for emergencies and commitment to the team is required. A supportive leadership mentality and positive attitude will aid in your success!
This Full-Time, salaried position is typically a M-F schedule however this position also has on-call responsibilities for emergencies and other hours may be needed based on the need of the residential program.
What are the job duties: In addition to DSP duties, DSP duties are to assist with 7 areas of personal development and care:
- Put People First:
- Support individual potential and get to know the team and the people we support, be engaged!
- Promote advocacy, individual rights and responsibilities
- Facilitate personal development, supports and services
- Build and Maintain Positive Relationships:
- Create meaningful communication to establish collaborative relationships, trust and empathy with other agency staff, individuals, external agencies, employers, family members, job coaches, service coordinators and any other relationship to the site as necessary
- Participate in program plan development, maintaining a capacity-based approach and participate in activities to build competencies and community integration
- Facilitate internal staff communication, meetings, training and mentoring
- Be A Professional:
- Develop professional relationships with respect to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrate professional behavior and qualities of professional demeanor, punctuality, attendance, reliability and pleasantness
- Create meaningful documentation by maintaining accurate, descriptive and timely reporting
- Participate in education, training, staff and self-development and growth
- Exhibit ethical behavior, possess characteristics of integrity, honesty and trustworthiness
- Promote positive behavior and support holistic health and wellness
- Prevent, recognize and report abuse
- Understand individual’s medical, physical, psychological and dental care needs
- Assist with hygiene, appearance and nutrition, meal planning and preparation
- Manage, administer, monitor medication to individuals (after Medication Administration certified) as needed.
- Be the direct point of contact/ liaison for nursing staff
- Support crisis prevention, intervention and resolution by implementing agency emergency procedures
- Ensure safety at all times and during environmental emergencies and create appropriate safeguards for individuals are developed and maintained
- Home Life:
- Assist in chores and creation of a clean, safe and comfortable home environment
- Engage in leisure and social activities, hobbies and interests
- Complete and ensure implementation of residential habilitation plans, perform routine interior/exterior inspection and follow-up maintenance plans
- Develop residential budgets with the Residential Administrative Team
- Monitor expenditures to meet budget requirements for purchasing of equipment, food and other materials needed for the operation of the program
- Get into The Community:
- Support community participation, employment, educational and career goals of the individual
- Coordinate transportation for individuals for program activities, doctors' appointments, recreational activities and other activities.
Why you should join us:
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental and vision plans, life insurance, flex sending, a comprehensive wellness program, paid time off, paid training, education tuition assistance, scholarships, employee discounts and a 403(b)-retirement plan.
That’s just a few, check out our Benefits & Perks at https://www.wildwoodprograms.org/index.php/jobs
We are passionate about helping individuals lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives. By joining our team, you will be provided a variety of opportunities in a rewarding career where it is possible to make a difference and significant impact in the lives of others. It is our goal to improve the lives of all members of the Wildwood Family.
How we make a difference:
We envision a world that embraces a fundamental respect for ALL individuals, their strengths, their uniqueness, their creativity and the infinite diversity that we each represent.
Our employees make this possible through their dedication and enthusiasm. We are on a Mission to empower and enable both children and adults with neurologically-based learning disabilities, autism, and other developmental disorders to lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives, while integrating our values of Respect, Integrity, Creativity and Holism to get it done!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One-year supervisory experience in a residential setting with individuals with developmental disabilities or related experience.
- A valid NYS license and clean driving record are required as you will be responsible to drive individuals to appointments and activities
- Detailed oriented with ability to accurately complete all required daily documentation and reporting
- Commitment to schedule, assigned job duties and performance expectations
- Clean, appropriate and presentable appearance while on duty
- Subject to NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check, finger printing and a driving record verification
- Medication Administration, First-Aid and CPR certification or eligibility for certification
- SCIP-R certification based on program need
- Supervisor Duties: Manages 1-3 direct report supervisors and 5-15 employees in residential programs. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of one or more residential units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems while assuring a positive, team-based environment.
- Promote Physical and Emotional Well-Being: Commit to promote the emotional, physical, and personal well-being of the individual supported. Encourage growth and recognize the autonomy of those receiving support while being attentive and energetic in reducing the risk of harm
- Integrity and Responsibility: Support the mission and vitality of the profession to assist individual in leading self-directed lives and to foster a spirit of partnership with the individuals, other professionals, and the community
- Confidentiality: Safeguard and respect the confidentiality and privacy of individuals
- Justice, Fairness and Equity: Affirm the human rights as well as the civil rights and responsibilities of individuals. Promote and practice justice, fairness, and equity for all
- Respect: Respect the human dignity and uniqueness of individuals. Recognize each individual as valuable and promote their value, interests and needs
- Relationships: Assist individuals to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Self-Determination: Assist individuals to direct the course of their own lives
- Advocacy: Advocate with individuals for justice, inclusion, and full community participation
- Military Leave
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Long Term Disability
- Merchandise Discounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
Residential Community Manager