Residential Counselor - Full Time
- Concord, MA 01742
- Job Type
- Salary: $16.00 /hour
The Walden Street School is a 32-bed residential treatment facility for adolescent girls that specialize in trauma informed care and specialty treatment modalities including SMART, Neurofeedback, and trauma sensitive yoga through the ARC framework. Walden provides comprehensive care including a school on site, a full clinical staff, nursing staff, and 24-hour direct care staff. Students are referred to Walden based on struggles maintaining safety at less restrictive levels of care and who require the support of a full service treatment modality to make progress towards their treatment goals.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for Residential Counselors who can embody and uphold our values on a daily basis. You will be able to use your passion of working with adolescents while being energetic, positive, disciplined, have excellent boundaries and will thrive in a fast-paced environment! The type of Residential Counselor we are seeking will take pride in working with a team who strives to make everyday a little bit better for our group of adolescents.
Schedules being offered: Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday. 1st and 2nd shifts required.
- Support all efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of students by providing verbal and physical interventions to provide a safe living environment.
- Be a positive role model by building rapports with our students.
- Follow all regulations and policies and be able to work with a team.
- We will provide extensive training to help you support our students daily!
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; High School Diploma required
- Residential program or mental health program experience preferred; experience working with specialized populations of adolescents preferred.
- Meet programs background and driving record check requirements
- Maintains valid driver’s license as transporting students is required.
- Available to work evenings, holidays, weekend shifts as required
- Must be 21 years of age
- Bilingual bonus offered for eligible candidates
- Bonus offered at 6 months and 1 year of employment!
$500 bonus at 6 months and $1000 after 1 year of employment pending review and being in good standing.
Bilingual bonus - Bilingual with the ability to read, write and speak in a language other than English proficiently. $500 after 3 months of successful employment, $500 after 6 months of successful employment.
Offer includes: Access to our excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits, 401K matched up to $800 a year, tuition reimbursement up to $4000 per year and access to discounted tuition rates at our partnership schools, pension after 5 years of employment, generous paid time off up to 19 days for full time employees in your first year and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Posted 30+ days ago