JOIN OUR TEAM | MAKE A DIFFERENCE !
The Rock Creek Foundation, which remains part of the Affiliated Sant� Group today, pioneered the community-based treatment of individuals with both psychiatric needs and developmental disabilities, employing values-based management services. Those services included the first private fee-for-service outpatient mental health center and psychiatric rehabilitation program in the State of Maryland. Rock Creek�s ground-breaking treatment and service delivery strategies were praised by the President�s Committee on Mental Retardation in 1979 as a �program of national significance.� At the time, direct state funding and grants were not available to enable low-income individuals and families to access such innovative services. RCF�s commitment to serving all populations led the organization to secure Medicaid funding for such services, a new use of Medicaid funds at the time.
We are currently seeking for a Full-Time Residential Counselor�to work with high functioning individuals with severe mental illness in Great Mills and Lexington Park, MD residential homes.�
- Assists in planning recreational activities.
- Counsels residents in identifying and resolving social or other problems.
- Compiles records of daily activities of residents. Writes and submits incident reports as needed.
- Supervises group-sponsored trips and social functions.
- Ascertains need for and secures services of physician.
- Answers telephone and sorts and distributes mail.
- Escorts individuals on trips outside establishment for shopping or to obtain medical or dental services.
- Plans menus.
- Comply with COMAR, MHP and company regulations.
- Implement resident rehabilitation plans and record appropriate data.
- Record and submit all necessary documentation for billing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Three (3) years� experience in the Mental Health field.
- Must possess a valid driver�s license with less than two (2) points as well as current automobile insurance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to move/lift up to 50lbs.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- MHA experience preferred.
- CMT preferred.
Rock Creek Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.�Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.�Rock Creek Foundation participates in E-Verify.