***Current Starting Wage is $13.50 which includes $2.00 per hour incentive***
Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for Raystown Developmental Services!
Raystown Developmental Services (RDS) has been serving the counties of Huntingdon, Mifflin, and Juniata since 1983.
RDS provides a vast array of services to Adults with intellectual disabilities. Our Residential Program serves individuals with intellectual disabilities who reside in group homes. Staff assist individuals to maximize choice, daily living skills and community integration. RDS also provides day program services at our Adult Training Facility where individuals focus on skill building and community integration. In addition, RDS facilitates Home & Community based services to help assist individuals with intellectual disabilities to help increase their independence and personal skills in their home and to access their community.
Raystown Developmental Services is looking for a Residential Direct Care Worker to join their team. Supports adults with developmental disabilities in their home setting. Homes support 1 to 4 individuals who are working toward goals that will make them live a more independent and everyday life.
- A high school graduate or possession of a general equivalency diploma (GED) is preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license with good driving record
- Physical movements such as lifting, stooping, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, and reaching
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Individual Program Plans
- Ensures that each resident participates in social/leisure/recreational activities based on individualized plans
- Provides social, emotional, and environmental supports to insure the happiness, health, and safety of the residents
- Provides support to residents in activities of daily living such as personal/oral hygiene and appropriate dress; requires the transfer of non-ambulatory residents
- Performs household duties and assists/supervises the residents in performing household duties to insure that the residents and facility are clean, safe, and secure at all times
- Coordinates and schedules specialized services for the residents; transports and accompanies consumers to medical, vision, dental appointments, speech therapy, and psychotherapy sessions; provides follow-up information to site or facility supervisor; these tasks require the operation of vehicles such as minivans, larger multi-passenger vans, and vans with lifting apparatus for non-ambulatory consumers; insures that ambulatory and non-ambulatory passengers in wheelchairs are properly secured
- Assists supervisor in the training of new staff to insure continuity of training in the supervisor’s absence
- Prepares and completes required documentation in compliance with State regulations, company standards, and the policy and procedure manuals; insures accurate accounting of household funds, consumer funds, and medical, historical, and daily information
- Dispenses medication prescribed for the residents by strictly following the medication administration procedures for administering and charting of medicines
- Participates in the development of the pre-assessment and assessment processes
- Encourages the residents in the acquisition of skills to achieve a greater level of independence
- Openly communicates with other service providers for the well-being of the residents
- Participates in required training sessions and meetings
- Reports concerns of programmatic or resident issues to the Program Specialist
Raystown Developmental Services is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package: • Competitive Salary/Wage
• 401k Plan
• Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
Raystown Developmental Services is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.