SUMMARY: Business generation for alarm monitoring services for EMC Security in a way that insures continuity of message, performance standards, and system designs are achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Residential Field Consultant may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Acknowledge, implement, and enforce all EMC Security policies and procedures.
- Maintain an on-going library of all EMC Security policies, procedures, and sales manuals.
- Submit accurate and timely documentation to your immediate supervisor (field analysis reports, etc.)
- Attend classroom training as required on new products and sales techniques.
- Comply with EMC Security’s vehicle policy and maintain a good driving record.
- Maintain sales fleet with appropriate sales supplies/tools/equipment.
- Meet minimum standards as it pertains to closing, building margins, negotiating.
- Design system installations.
- Complete paperwork properly and submit thoughtful system designs.
- Good customer service skills.
KNOWLDEGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have working knowledge security systems, designs and function.
- Must have working successful experience in field sales.
- Must have leadership skills, negotiation skills, problem solving skills, organization skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems as they arise
- Fluent in operating PC and ability to learn software to perform job, including Microkey, MS Excel, MS Word
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform math functions and basic calculations to build proposals and perform job costing
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and arms; speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, occasionally required to climb, balance, bend and work in tight spaces.
- This position involves the possibility of crawling under structures or in attics.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Normal office environment (5-10% of time)
- On location in-home sales environment (90 to 95% of time)
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle on roads and customer premises.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and five years minimum alarm industry sales experience or proof of equivalent knowledge and skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Do you want to work for a respected, growing and stable company?
Does your current company offer a great wage, company-paid benefits, and other substantial perks? EMC Security is a leading provider of residential and commercial security solutions, serving the Greater Atlanta Metropolitan Area since 1998. We are committed to providing our customers with the most advanced security and connected services technology. Our customers and employees have consistently voted us as one of the best in the industry, with no furloughs or layoffs in 19 years of business. Our owners are stable and supportive and provide many opportunities for career advancement. We promote from within. With growing demand, we are seeking quality staff to add to our team of sales, installation and service professionals.
EMC Security is a drug-free workplace. Our employees are tested for drugs and have a full criminal background check.