HVAC Service Technician. Newcomb and Company Raleigh, NC
About Us:Founded in 1954, Newcomb and Company is a full-service mechanical contractor providing customers in the commercial, residential, and industrial sectors with innovative, energy efficient heating and air conditioning services, automation and controls, industrial piping, new-construction design and installation, and maintenance and replacement services.
Job Title: Residential Service Technician
Department: Service Division
Reports to: Residential Service Supervisor
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with level of experience
Experience: 2 Years
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Service of Residential and Light Commercial Type HVAC duct systems and equipment to include the following components :
- Packaged units ground and rooftop
- Split system equipment
- Central station air handlers
- Various types of air distribution systems
- Flexible, spiral and single wall pipe duct systems
- Ceiling and wall grilles and diffusers
- Gas furnaces
- Geothermal systems
- Service list of equipment above in timely manner. In addition, make repairs where needed.
- Maintain excellent communications between Newcomb and Company and all customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license certificate and meet all required physical ability, efforts and exertions to perform the required job duties.
- Review thoroughly all job packages turned over to them and communicate / coordinate information to any assigned field personnel.
- Perform services for residential and light commercial installations.
- Maintain a quality of workmanship and service standards as set by the company.
- Must have the ability to work in outdoor weather and temperature extremes designated by company policy.
- Maintain daily communication with all assigned field personnel and project managers.
- Prepare all paperwork pertinent to the service project (i.e. material pick sheets)
- Responsible to work in a safe manner and to abide by the company’s safety policies to ensure the safety and protection to self, personnel, and all customer and company property.
- To possess or secure an EPA refrigerant certificate within company guidelines.
- Responsible for the service of equipment installed with the emphasis on confirmation of wiring, refrigerant charging, and safety procedures.
- Complete timesheets on a daily basis.
- Maintain all assigned tools and vehicles in top condition.
- Monitor all assigned job sites to ensure a safe workplace is provided for our field personnel. Report any safety violations to safety supervisor.
- Follow directions given by the Residential Service Supervisor.
- All candidates for this position should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 60 lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, at a vendor, our warehouse, etc.
- All Service Techs typically load and unload materials for projects and move these materials into place at the project. This may involve movement carrying a load in tight and difficult situations and on uneven terrain.
- All candidates may be required to climb and work off ladders and aerial lifts as required to accomplish their work within buildings and on roofs.
- All candidates will be familiar with the safe operation and capable of using hammer type drills and similar tools.
- Environmental conditions may range from outdoors at all times of the year to indoors at normal office conditions to indoor utility plants.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.