Process, document, fund and disburse, in a timely and efficient manner, all types of mortgage loans. Requires an understanding of Bank's loan and related system and software applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Individual will be responsible for a processing a pipeline of residential loans.
- Maintains exceptional "You First" customer experience throughout the loan process by communicating directly with customers while focusing and addressing their needs.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and due dates.
- Prepares and acquires mortgage documents in a timely manner.
- Ability to obtain relevant information from clients, realtors, title companies, appraisers, and anyone associated with the origination process in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates sound judgement in escalation of sensitive client matters and in analysis of potential risk to the bank.
- Responsible for miscellaneous tasks as assigned; assisting in daily operations of department as needed.
- Remains current with Bank policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in meetings, seminars and training as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of mortgage loan experience preferred.
- Experience with Encompass preferred but not required.
- Strong PC skills and ability to use all related business equipment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- An independent action taker with an ability to work as a team member in a fast paced environment demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures to maintain effective controls.
- Proactive and innovative in process evaluation and improvement.
For over 100 years, Peoples Bank has maintained a philosophy of commitment to the customer, a belief that has allowed Peoples Bank to thrive and continue to serve the people of Northwest Indiana andSouth Chicagoland. It's the same philosophy that drives Peoples now as it did in 1910 when the Bank first opened for business.
Headquartered in Munster, Indiana,Peoples Bank has 16 Banking Centers in Northwest Indiana and6 Banking Centers in South Chicagoland. We provide a wide range of consumer, business and wealth management products along with digital banking services, as well as a tradition of high-quality performance. Peoples was chosen as a "Best Bank To Work For" forfour consecutive years.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.