The Residential Manager is responsible for the daily operations of his/her assigned programs. The responsibility of the Residential Manager is to offer support and supervision to a team of Residential Leads, ensuring a high quality of care is maintained in the home. The Residential Manager will promote a positive atmosphere with a focus on growth and development through setting goals for each individual consumer, DSP and Lead. The Residential Manager will be responsible for coordinating, implementing and tracking the performance management program for his/her team. The Residential Manager's work is driven by the GMS mission to improve the quality of life by supporting independence.
Additional leadership positions avaialable www.gmsme.org
• Support, supervise and provide guidance to a team of Residential Leads; work to continually enhance professional development of all staff.
• Collaborate with the Residential Director and Human Resources Director and participate in a proactive employee performance management program which may include progressive disciplinary process up to and including termination.
• The Residential Manager is expected to exemplify professional values, ethics, responsibility and confidentiality; attend conferences, workshops, and seminars to improve professional skills; demonstrate and model excellent communication skills in the meeting of job responsibilities.
• Provide oversight of program and consumer goal planning and implementation.
• Maintain regular contact with each facility and Residential Lead as needed.
• Collaborate with Residential Leads and the Residential Director to create plans to address areas for improvement to include implementation and tracking of corrective action plans.
• Review and consult Maine State Section 21 DHHS licensing regulations and GMS policies and procedures on a consistent basis when setting standards for program inspections.
• Ensure programs are in compliance with state fire codes.
• Provide support and guidance regarding the identified roles and responsibilities of the Residential Leads.
• Create an environment which is conducive to adult learners and promotes the benefit of personal and professional development.
• Collaborate with the Training Manager and Residential Leads to ensure staff attend and complete state and agency required training programs.
• Administer employee progressive disciplinary actions. Report any potential indication for suspensions/terminations to the Director of Human Resources and Residential Director.
• Support, implement and monitor GMS policies and procedures.
• Facilitate and participate in monthly meetings with the Residential Leads to address program and agency business.
• Ensure Individual Service Plans are implemented in each program.
• In collaboration with the Service Coordinator, create, review and update the Individual Service Plan on Therap to ensure implementation.
• Implement doctor orders and, in collaboration with the Nurse Educator, develop medical procedures for the health and safety of consumers.
• Ensure that Residential Leads and DSPs provide quality services and care to consumers and that medical and mental health appointments as required are arranged.
• Maintain monthly guardian and case worker correspondence.
• Respond to all quality assurance reviews within required time frames.
• Consult with medical and behavioral professionals as needed.
• The Residential Manager may be required to stand in temporarily and provide the services of a Direct Support Professional.
• The Residential Manager is expected to contribute to the professional development of direct care staff.
• Provide guidance to direct care staff in the area of documentation, including but not limited to the review of consumer Individual Service Plans, Reportable Events and GER's, Monthly Progress Notes, and audits of consumer finance.
• Participate in DHHS program inspections and investigations as needed.
• Provide 24/7 administrative support to the Residential Leads on a rotating basis unless other appropriate arrangements are approved by the Residential Director.
• Assume the responsibility of the Residential Lead in the event of a position vacancy and/or delegate others in task completion as approved by the Residential Director.
• Maintain weekly work schedules which minimize overtime, meets parameters of authorized program hours, and approve weekly staff payroll.
• The Residential Manager is expected to participate in regular meetings with the Residential Director.
• Gather weekly data and submit program reports to the Residential Director on a monthly basis.
• Attend and participate in meetings as required.
• Be an active member of a GMS committee as assigned by the Residential Director.
• The Residential Manager is expected to monitor the performance of supervisees and execute an effective employee performance management program.
• Provide effective monthly supervision on direct care staff within assigned programs.
• Review and approve employee evaluations and disciplinary actions (as required) written by Program Managers.
• In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources and Residential Director, participate in a progressive disciplinary process as required.
• Approve assigned weekly payroll.
• Organize and lead monthly staff meetings.
• Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of all staff meetings and staff supervisions.
• The Residential Manager is expected to participate in and support the Residential Director in the implementation of policies and procedures addressing safety issues in all facilities.
• Create and support a safe work environment for employees.
• Promote safe work practices among all employees.
• Ensure that staff know how to operate all medical and adaptive equipment.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/3vqpnd93vjby6f9c