Make a HUGE difference in a persons lifeas aResidential Support StaffMember
*$1000 Sign-On Bonus will be paid in increments of $250, every three months for one year as long as in good standing.
Locations in and around Rochester
Full-Time & Part-Time Opportunities
MUST have a valid NY STATE Driver's License
Be a part of a dynamic TEAM!!
- Enrich the lives of others while earning substantialtime off for yourself and 8 paid holidays
- Promote independence
- Create inclusive opportunities
- Encourage a fulfilled life for adult with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- Be amentor and advocate
- Help people find fun activities that interest them
- Reinforce the importance of making safe and healthy lifestyle choices
- Grow positive relationships with families or guardians, and be their go-to contact
- Provide exemplary support in hygiene guidance, enjoying meals, as well as maintaining appointments and schedules
- Assist with medical needs, including transportation to and from doctor’s appointments
- Good communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of computers and software for documentation purposes
- Being patient, compassionate, creative, and person centered
- High School diploma/G.E.D.
- Valid NYS driver’s license with reliable transportation to and from work
- Excellent communications skills
- History of smiling, helping and actively supporting people in and out of wheelchairs or transportation
You would be a good fit if your background includes Human Services, Teaching Assistant, Paraprofessional, Personal Care Aide, Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Customer Service, being collaborative, empathetic and caring.
View the video below to see why people work for The Arc of Monroe as a Direct Support Professional.