Job Title: Resort Associate
Reports To: Resort Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care, outstanding customer experience and a fulfilling work environment. Pet Paradise Resort is a comprehensive pet care provider offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services. Located in nine states and with over fifty location locations in operation or under development, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the southern region of the United States.
For more information, visit www.petparadise.com and our social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo.
The Resort Associate is a critical link to resort and suite maintenance for the pets' comfort. The Resort Associate is responsible for cleaning and maintaining suites, food prep and delivery for the pets and the resort operation's needs.
Essential Functions of the Resort Associate include:
- Cleans and maintains pet areas of the resort in such a manner to provide an odor-free and low-stress environment for the pets
- Follows directions on feeding times, amounts, and type of food
- Empties trash, mops all floors, and cleans restrooms, common areas, and employee breakroom
- Report any unusual behaviors, injuries, or critical information to management and veterinarian services if applicable
- Use proper dog handling techniques as instructed by management
- Maintain a high standard of cleaning
- Maintain a high standard of pet safety
- Follow and adhere to all employee safety training policies
- Excellent customer service and pet handling skills
- True passion for working with animals
- Experience in a boarding/day-camp setting preferred
- Reliable and flexible to resort schedule needs including days, night, weekends, holidays, and peak times
- Able to learn to work with and handle a variety of sizes and breeds of dogs
- Ability to receive instructions and remain adaptive to change and training material
Perks & Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp
- Complimentary Boarding (with limitations)
- Discounted Veterinary Care (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions. Ability to problem solve.
Certificates and Licenses:
Canine/feline CPR certification preferred
Animal handling skills preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet, humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The employee may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Associates may be exposed to animals that may scratch and/or bite.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.