The purpose of the Maintenance Technician II is to maintain the cosmetic appearance and the mechanical function of all the buildings and grounds in both the interior and exterior of the entire property. This position requires basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Appliance repair fields.
- Provide excellent service to both external and internal customers
- Maintain proper working relations within the department and with other operating departments on property
- Monitor the physical condition of the units and the resort and correct unsafe conditions
- Maintain accurate records for work orders/preventive maintenance, safety, repair/replace of major equipment, inventory of parts and supplies
- Diagnose and perform maintenance/repairs on A/C and heating, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, painting, water and sewer lines, stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, gutters, ceiling fans, appliances, pool, amenities, landscaping, install locks and safety devices and other typical resort repairs
- Ability to address the concerns and maintenance needs of the guests and associates in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure that all modes of property transportation are operating properly.
- Complete work orders, preventive maintenance and daily projects reported by engineering management, front desk, or otherwise assigned during the shift
- Follow all safety procedures when performing duties. ~Up
- High School Diploma and/or Trade School Certification (preferred)
- 1-2 years technical training or equivalent maintenance technician experience or hospitality experience
- Basic knowledge of Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Mechanical equipment, Appliance repair, Carpentry, Painting, Flooring, and General Building Maintenance.
- Must understand and comply with OSHA guidelines
- Must understand and comply with County and state, building and operating codes Certifications may be preferred per site requirements.
- Must have excellent inter-personal skills when dealing with guests, associates, and the general public.
- Must have follow through process on short-term and long-term projects.
Our goal is to improve the quality of work/life by providing equal employment opportunities for all candidates and team members. Bluegreen Vacations Corporation believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a broad candidate pool. We are a drug-free workplace, and if offered employment, candidate must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test. EOE/DFW