Are you a high-energy CNA with recent nursing home, home health, hospital, assisted living or hospice experience?
With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for adults and children with serious illness. JourneyCare serves 13 counties in the Chicago area and northern Illinois and is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. The agency also provides services that include JourneyCare House Calls, Chronic Care Management, JourneyCare Choices and Home Health - serving patients at all stages of serious illness. JourneyCare is dedicated to enriching lives through expert, compassionate care and empowering patients and families to live with dignity, on their own terms. We are more than just a career choice - be part of a culture where you can make a difference.
The Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA will provide personal care to our patients and assist them with activities of daily living such as bathing, filing nails, shaving, dressing, and eating. Patients will also need your assistance with assessing the condition of their skin, weight, measurements, and rating their pain scale while reporting any changes or issues to the registered nurse. You will also provide exemplary documentation for each patient and provide support to family members and caregivers by educating them about the personal care that you provide.
The ideal candidate has a calm, professional presence, is an excellent critical-thinker and multi-tasker, and has experience using medical equipment. The CNA should also be comfortable working with patients and families and possess a strong background, preferably with recent experience working with seriously ill individuals in nursing homes, hospitals, home care, or assisted living communities
* High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalent required
* Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification required
* Three (3) years of CNA experience in nursing home/assisted living community preferred
* Experience working with seriously ill individuals preferred
* Training in HIPPA, infection control, safety, personal care and documentation
* Experience using Hoyer lifts, gait belts, walkers, wheelchairs, canes, shower benches/chairs, electric beds and other medical equipment
* Basis Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Organization skills
Visit our careers website to apply for this position, read about our comprehensive benefits and learn about what it’s like to work at JourneyCare. Our team members make a difference! https://www.journeycare.org/careers