Resource & Referral - Program Coordinator
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking a Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for overseeing the child care provider training and coaching programs for the Resource and Referral Department. This includes the coordination of fiscal and programmatic requirements within and between Crystal Stairs and partner agencies and organizations. The ideal candidate will also have the following responsibilities:
- Work with R&R Program Manager to plan, administer, monitor, and improve training and coaching programs, and specific grants and projects to ensure contract and budget compliance.
- Coordinate daily operations of assigned teams, and support and assist the R&R Manager with department strategic planning.
- Oversee the timely submission of invoices and required reports to ensure that necessary records, files, and other materials are maintained for efficient conduct of business and audit requirements.
- Work in coordination with key internal and external stakeholders to monitor contract/project resources and expenditures in relation to established budgets.
- Comply with contractual requirements and agency policies and procedures as well as assist in data collection and/or analysis to evaluate and/or enhance program operations and client services.
- Oversee the procurement and inventory of outreach promotional items and adherence to agency policy and procedures.
- Collaborate with other agencies in the delivery and implementation of services throughout Los Angeles County.
- Represent program and agency at professional organizations and contract, partner and/or community meetings; participate in work groups, committees and ad hoc groups, as necessary.
- Supervise and monitor program supervisors including hiring, orientation, training, mentoring and motivating staff.
- Provide direction, leadership and mentoring to staff members by conducting periodic check-ins and performance reviews.
- Other duties as assigned by R&R Program Manager and/or Senior Management.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree from an accredited college or university in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related Human/Social Services field; Relevant work experience in human/social services or child development may be substituted for college level education; Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years supervisory experience managing a staff of at least 5 8 people.
- Minimum 2 years experience planning and implementing major projects that require collaboration with diverse groups and coordination of their interests and resources.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with families and child care providers. Training experience in Early Childhood Education, ECE Competencies, Quality Start programs.
- Knowledge of contracts which are funded by the California Department of Education, Los Angeles County Office of Education, Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles, First 5 LA and various foundations and public entities
- Ability to understand and communicate demographic, child care service and related data and research
- Knowledge of California's public and private child care service delivery systems
- Must have excellent leadership, communication, technical writing, verbal, and customer relations skills
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task while working in a collaborative, team environment with a positive attitude
- Must have excellent presentation/public speaking and organizational skills; Sensitivity to and ability to work well with diverse ethnic and cultural groups
- Requires high level proficiency in computer word processing and spreadsheet programs, including MS Office.
- Ability to organize and manage large-scale, multi-task project(s)
- Requires the exercise of independent discretion and judgment in determining course of action for specific situations
- Possess ability to analyze complex information and develop creative, effective and efficient solutions
- Must possess a valid California driver's license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
- Must provide verification of a valid TB clearance within the last two years of employment
- Must successfully pass the Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal background check prior to first day of employment.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.