- Position Type:
Center Based and Special Education Services/Resource Room - Special Education
- Date Posted:
Detroit Service Learning Academy
Elite School Management - website
- Job Summary:
Resource Room Teachers plan and deliver appropriate individualized instruction for caseload students based upon IEP goals and objectives, with access to general education curriculum. They are required to collaborate with general education teachers and ancillary staff to support the learning of special education students.
- Planning and delivery of appropriate individualized instruction for caseload students based upon IEP goals and objectives, with access to general education curriculum
- Collaborate with general education teachers to support the learning of both general education and special education students
- Provide consultative support to teachers
- Ensure that appropriate staff are aware of all IEP services and goals
- Assist staff in assessing, developing and maintaining individual educational/behavioral plans
- Function as a member of an inter-disciplinary team providing diagnostic, prescriptive and educational programming for special education and general education students
- Instruct students of all ability levels using the District curriculum and IEP goals and objectives
- Conducts their work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to professional practice and conduct
- Work to further develop the curriculum and seek innovative, engaging and motivating instructional approaches
- Function as a collaborative and contributing team member within the school’s staff
- Michigan Certification and Highly Qualified status as a special education teacher
- Preferred Certification: (SV) Autism, (SM) Learning Disabilities, (SE) Emotional Impairment, and/or (SA)Cognitive Impairment
- Experience teaching or working with special needs students
- Ability to work effectively with instructional staff, implementing appropriate classroom instruction and management techniques for all student classifications
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of management, technology, and the ability to recognize and evaluate effective practices within the special education setting.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds in supplies which requires bending, stooping and lifting.
- The employee must be able to use a variety of instructional materials in the classroom.
- The employee must use hands and arms to manipulate objects.
- The employee must use keyboards, tools and other controls.
- The employee must sit and stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must have normal vision and hearing with or without aid.
- The employee must be able to move about assigned location unaided during the day.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The employee is required to interact with students, staff, parents / guardians and occsionally with the public.
- At times, the employee may be directly responsible for the safety and well-being of students.
Detroit Service Learning Academy District (DSLA) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. DSLA will not discriminate unlawfully against an applicant for employment or fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability which is unrelated to the person's ability to do the job, or any other unlawful criteria.