Praxis Engineering is seeking a Resource Specialist to assist in the staffing process of a large, long-term contract in the intelligence community. This is a great entry-level position for anyone who is looking to get into Federal Contracting and working in the Intelligence Community (IC). The Resource Specialist will report to the Resource Manager and will be responsible for implementing efficient and effective procedures and automated tools across a team of more than 200 companies to meet the immediate and growing needs of our customer. The successful candidate will work with other resource specialist and Program Management Office (PMO) staff to assist them in meeting the contract’s staffing requirements. The ideal candidate would be a process oriented individual who understands Information Technology concepts, has extremely well developed interpersonal and communications skills, is an expert written communicator with the ability to create and review content, and have the ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. The Resource Specialist’s career development goals should include those which align with Project Managers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Follow established procedures and processes to ensure that contract staffing needs are met.
- Ensure accurate and high quality candidate submissions from Praxis and across of team of more than 200 companies.
- Interact with subcontractor points of contact for the program to assist, facilitate and ensure timely and accurate submissions.
- Review and approve candidate submissions from Praxis managers and subcontractor points of contact.
- Participates in successful candidate on-boarding procedures.
- Reports metrics related to candidate staffing process.
- Ability to work in a highly integrated, dedicated PMO where exact responsibilities are dictated by need and urgency more so than specific job description.
- An understanding of Information Technology technical terms, acronyms and COTS technology environments.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with limited oversight.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with employees, managers and teammates.
- Must be a “team player” where the success of the customer and the team are paramount.
Bachelor's degree in IT Management, Business, Business Administration, English, or equivalent preferred
Top Secret SCI clearance with appropriate Polygraph.
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contribution (amount equivalent to 7% of your salary)
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
- Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
- Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
- Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.