Provides assistance to patient/families and health care providers to identify, provide information, and facilitate access to tangible and supportive services related to patient health care needs.
1. Acts as an advocate on behalf of patients/families in obtaining needed services and/or resources for which they are eligible.
2. Updates information resource information directory and maintains related literature & applications for distribution to staff and families in specific area of concentration.
3. Documents services provided in patient’s medical record and applicable databases.
4. Negotiates and advocates access for patients to selected skilled, acute or long term care facilities. Identifies available transportation resources and negotiates with patient/family for cost effective, safe transportation.
5. Works with patient/family to assess patient eligibility for medication, co-pay and additional resource assistance.
6. Facilitates the patients/families application to public and private government and community agencies, primarily Medicaid.
7. Provides information and assistance to patients/families to secure financial and health assistance, organization financial assistance, and other governmental programs.
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Bachelor's degree in Social Work or Human Service field or the equivalent in education and experience required.
ü Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: