- Associate of Science Degree in Respiratory Care preferred
- Preferably 1 to 2 years work experience providing all aspects of respiratory care in an acute care hospital: arterial blood gas analysis, therapeutic modalities for oxygen and medication delivery, chest physiotherapy, patient assessment and related respiratory care techniques and procedures.
- Licensed by the state of California as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Credentials by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) as Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Fire and Safety Certification. If employee does not have upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days.
This job description and criteria based job performance evaluation emphasizes the criteria expected in the performance of the Respiratory Care Practitioner.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$33354.htmld