At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest potential.
Since 2009, we have held the AANC Magnet® designation for nursing excellence. The Plano campus celebrated our 10-year anniversary in 2019. We were named a Leapfrog Top Hospital. Leapfrog is the nation’s premier advocate of hospital transparency—collecting, analyzing and disseminating hospital data to inform value-based purchasing. For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and beyond other organizations
*** Children’s is offering a $2,000.00 sign on bonus for this position ***
POSITION SUMMARY -Night Shift -Plano
The RCP performs the functions of a respiratory care practitioner in direct care for all departments on the Plano campus. The RCP rotates between the Emergency department, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and General Pediatric floor. This position utilizes the respiratory care process in the delivery of developmentally appropriate care and works effectively with members of the health care team, including the family in the provision of care to patients.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Demonstrates competence in professional practice:
- Utilizes established standards of evidence-based care to guide practice.
- Provides direct patient care including but not limited to: mechanical ventilation, aerosol therapy, pulmonary hygiene, suctioning, oxygen therapy, inhaled gases.
- Documents patient status, patient response, and respiratory practitioner interventions accurately and clearly Provides and reinforces health teaching with patients and families
- Utilizes available resources to impact patient care and solve practice problems
- Participates in continuing educational opportunities at Children’s
- 2 years Pediatric ICU experience is required
- 4-7 years Pediatric experience is preferred
- Two-year associate degree or equivalent work experience required or
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Licenses and Certifications
- BLS (American Heart Association) required
- NRP within 180 Days is required as of January 1, 2020
- PALS certification is required
- RRT recognized by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) and active Texas license required
- RRT-NPS recognized by the NBRC within 6 months of hire
- Pediatric Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (PPMAB) required during orientation and then renewed annually
- BLS instructor for patient educators providing caregiver CPR preferred
- Asthma Educator for patient educators preferred
- BLS, NRP, PALS instructor optional for all others preferred
Children’s Health offers opportunities for learning and career development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And we honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee appreciation events.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Location: Plano, Texas
Activation Date: Monday, August 12, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2020