Respiratory Care Spec RRT
Job Code: 1454
The Respiratory Care Specialist RRT/CRT oversees the delivery and monitoring of respiratory equipment in the home and/or in the office. This position functions interdependently with physician guidance to provide services necessary for health promotion, prevention of disease and disability and health maintenance to individuals across the life span. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Respiratory Care Specialist RRT/CRT responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Communicates and documents patient instructions as ordered by physician
* Patient education of disease process and equipment function
* Performs diagnostic testing and interview of patient as ordered by physician
* Performs charting of all equipment setups, clinical visits and vent checks, CPAP PAP checks and downloads
* Orders and restocks equipment and supplies as needed
* Prepares, maintains and checks equipment for proper function
* Sets up, provides supplies, insures proper mask fit, monitors utilization and performance, and performs downloads on CPAP respiratory equipment
* Performs overnight pulse oximetry and end-tidal Co2 monitoring as ordered by physician or as required by insurance provider
* Performs pulmonary function testing
* On-call rotation may be required.
The Respiratory Care Specialist staff report to either the Manager Home Medical Equipment or the Supervisor of Quality.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, and chemicals. Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and incidents of workplace violence. Must follow universal safety precautions. Exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors, and assorted chemicals..
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License issued by the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision (OSBMLS).
* Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT).
* Associate Degree for RRT from Respiratory Therapy Program required
* 3 years experience in respiratory care; experience with neuromuscular patients preferred
* Current CPR required.
* Requires the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Driver's License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to the INTEGRIS insurance carrier.
* Knowledge of HME/DME rules and regulations.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written).