- Position Summary
- EMPLOYER PAID PENSION PLAN OF 29.29% OF YOUR ANNUAL SALARY!
GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE!
THIS POSITION MAY CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE ONCE A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF QUALIFIED APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED.Position Summary:Provides technical expertise and oversight to the Respiratory Therapists on a shift including specialty areas such as TICU, BCU, NICU and PICU. Duties include formulating, modifying, implementing, and coordinating the day-to-day operating procedures of all areas of the hospital; coordinating staff work schedules and assignments, evaluating new equipment and processes, training, and maintaining the competency of the Respiratory Therapy staff.
- Job Requirement
Successful completion of an approved school of respiratory therapy and two (2) years of professional experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
Valid State of Nevada Blood Gas General Laboratory Supervisor License, and; credentialed by NRBC as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), and Licensure by the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners as a Practitioner of Respiratory Care, and; Basic Life Support (BLS), Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol (NRP), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification.
- Additional and/or Preferred Position Requirements
- Past experience in all levels of critical care.
- A minimum of one (1) supervisory and/or lead experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
Anatomy and physiology; blood gases; basic respiratory and cardiology principles; respiratory care modalities for adults, pediatrics and neonatal patients; respiratory drug pharmacology; respiratory care equipment in use at facility; pulmonary rehabilitation techniques; patient acuity assessment methods; Hospital standards of care; chain of command procedures; special needs of critical neonatal patients; quality improvement and management principles and processes; department and hospital safety practices and principles; age specific patient care practices; patient rights; infection control policies and procedures; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
Applying advanced respiratory therapy techniques; applying Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation; communicating with patients of diverse backgrounds; using computers and a variety of software applications; using and maintaining ventilation equipment; planning and organizing workloads; solving problems; developing staffing plans; developing budgets and fees; performing statistical analysis; applying quality improvement techniques; persuading others; giving effective oral presentations; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Mobility to work in a typical clinical setting and use standard office equipment, stamina to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate effectively in person and over the telephone. Strength and agility to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or an eligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
University Medical Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefits package that leads the market and includes:
Length of Service
- Employer Paid Pension Plan totaling 29.25% of your annual salary!
- Vestment in the pension plan after 5 years of qualifying employment!
- Consolidated Annual Leave (CAL) - CAL is used for personal leave, holidays (eleven scheduled holidays per year), doctor appointments, vacation, and sick days up to 16 consecutive scheduled work hours (short term sick leave), etc. Eligible employees shall accrue CAL at the following rates. Part-time accrual is based on the number of paid benefit hours.
Rate of Accrual per 80 hours worked
Days per year (based on 8-hour day)
0 – 12 months
0-90 days > 3.077 hours*
*Upon completion of the 90th day of employment, the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 12 hours.
91 days – 12 months > 5.2769 hours**
**Upon completion of the twelfth month of employment the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 80 hours.
13 months – 48 months
- Credit Union Eligibility
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health Insurance Plan
- Nevada has no State Income Tax
- No Social Security Deduction
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER OF SOUTHERN NEVADA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- 01Have you successfully completed an approved school of respiratory therapy program?
02What type of Nevada Blood Gas license do you have?
03How many experience as a Respiratory Therapist do you have?
- State of Nevada Blood Gas Technologist
- State of Nevada Blood Gas General Laboratory Supervisor license
- Do not have one but will be able to obtain one within 90 days from hire
- Not Applicable
04Which of the following license(s) and/or certificate(s) do you have? Select as many as appy. In order to qualify, you must document the license details in your application.
- 0 to less than 2 years
- 2 to less than 4 years
- 4 to less than 8 years
- 8 to less than 12 years
- 12 years and more
05(All-Req) I understand that my answers to the supplemental questions alone will not qualify me for the position. I must document those experience, level of education, and certifications clearly in the application in order to be qualified.
- NRBC as a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)
- NRBC as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT),
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol (NRP)
- None of the above
- Yes, I understand and will include those experience, level of education, and certifications clearly in the application.