SUMMARY: Assists the Respiratory Manager in the planning, development and implementation of Respiratory Services, as well as collection of Performance Improvement Data. Is directly responsible for the direction of associated programs/services at the staff level for a given shift, as well as the ongoing monitoring of those programs for compliance with hospital and departmental guidelines and protocols. Able to operate the Impact Data Management System and perform related duties. Directs staff for a given shift, and ensures that all work is assigned fairly on a consistent basis. Ensures appropriate staffing for the next shift coming on duty. Orients contract service personnel when they are utilized at the medical center. Ensures all billing is completed for a given shift. Works as a respiratory therapist and is available for staff support as needed. Understands cleaning,setup and rental of all equipment. Completes the shift report at the end of each shift and notes all pertinent events that occurred as required. Provides effective supervision for assigned staff in the areas of charting, billing, staff education and training, resource and staff management, attendance and tardiness, and appropriate corrective action preparation and administration.
1. 2 yr degree from a college accredited by the JC; or 1 yr certification from the same and 7 years clinical experience.
2. CA license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
3. Must possess CRT or RRT credential from the NBRC
4. Three years experience, including one year of critical care exposure
5. Must possess BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP.