As a Respiratory Therapist, you’re highly skilled and compassionate. At Mercy, we need your expertise. We’re a faith-based healthcare organization that gives care to those who need it the most. And we’re looking for people just like you to join our team. We need friendly professionals who put patients first. We have full time and PRN positions. You’ll find a highly competitive shift differential, with plenty of schedule flexibility beyond your regular shift commitment. Plus, we have multiple facilities, so you’ll have the flexibility to take shifts and move up professionally at other locations.
As a Respiratory Therapist at Mercy Health, you’ll deliver critical and non-critical cardiopulmonary services to patients of all ages. We offer many services, allowing you to use all of your skills including intubations, EEG/EKG, pulmonary function testing, neonatal and pediatrics. We even have free standing ER's where you can cross-train in areas such as phlebotomy and casting/splinting.
You’ll also need to:
- Respond quickly and effectively in highly complex, rapidly changing and unfamiliar situations.
- Perform invasive and noninvasive diagnostic procedures.
- Complete, record, and capture charges in the patient electronic medical record.
- Educate patients on their condition, wellness, home care modalities, safety, smoking cessation, mobility assist and medication.
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Consult with doctors.
- Stay up to date on policies and procedures, computer based training (CBT) modules and regulatory agency's standards.
- Know budgetary processes and productivity demands, and proper use of equipment and materials.
- Monitor projects, such as data gathering measures and process tests for improvement changes.
- 2-year Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Current licensure as a respiratory therapist in Ohio
- Valid RRT certification or eligibility for certification within six months of hire
- Current BLS certification
- Strong critical care knowledge of cardiopulmonary disease states
- Ability to precept students and other staff members in the provision of respiratory care
- Professional appearance and demeanor
The following are preferred:
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certification
- Active AARC membership
- RPFT or CPFT certification
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Performance bonus
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Life Insurance
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Events
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- On Site Cafeteria
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Care On Site
- Gym Memberships