Company: Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
Title: Respiratory Therapist
Position Type: Contract 13 Week Assignment
Location: Claremont, NH
Reports to: Project Manager
Shift Type: Nights, 12 hours, 36 hrs./week guaranteed, weekend requirements: every other weekend, on call as scheduled
Vighter is recruiting a contract Respiratory Therapist (RRT) to provide respiratory care services to patients who require emergency care, intensive care, therapeutic treatment, invasive and non-invasive monitoring, diagnostic testing and patient education for pulmonary and cardiopulmonary disorders at Valley Regional Hospital. Monitors and maintains equipment and participates in quality assurance and improvement activities.
- Performs EKGs, types report interpretations, sends reports to physicians who requested them and files reports in department, according to department procedures.
- Sets-up and monitors mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
- High integrity, able to follow procedures.
- Ability to be a self-motivated learner, to take initiative in learning the many complex processes.
- Exhibits professionalism at all times, understands appropriate workplace behavior/communications.
- Patient Population: Peds Geriatric
- EMR Used: MedHost
- Dress Code: Scrub
- Current NH State Respiratory Therapist Licensure Required
- BLS certification (from American Heart Association)
- Successful completion of Neonatal Resuscitation certification & current ACLS Required
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy Required
- 3+ years of previous experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services as an RRT Required
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must be able to pass a 5-panel urine drug screen
- General Liability, Professional Liability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance paid for by the company
- Full-time employees receive Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Accidental Disability & Dismemberment, 4% retirement match 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverage