M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital serves the greater Twin Cities metro area. We’re known for our award-winning heart, stroke and cancer care. We also provide on-site access to a variety of specialty services, from childbirth and pediatrics to orthopedics and surgery. We have been designated a Level III Trauma Center, which means our emergency support services are staffed 24-hours a day to help support the Southdale community if the need arises.
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing diagnostic and therapeutic services as prescribed by a physician. Follows defined treatment protocol according to department policies. Collects, assesses, Interprets and intervenes as appropriate in the care of neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. Ensures patient welfare and safety standards during treatments.
- Assesses patient needs and identifies expected outcomes
- Implements Respiratory interventions based on plan of care. Evaluates care and the patient’s response to interventions and expected outcomes
- Delivers care as delegated by physician/authorized practitioner to assigned patient population, or individual patient
- Uses communication strategies to achieve desirable outcomes
- Operates and maintains all Respiratory Care equipment
- Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Care/Therapy or related field
- Respiratory Therapist License issued by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- New Graduates only - must complete RRT within 1 year of hire date
- Bachelor’s Degree in Respiratory Care/Therapy or related field
- 1 to 3 years of experience is preferred with pediatric or adult critical care patients.