The Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN Tier III performs and directs the administration of respiratory care services (including but not limited to oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, inhaled medication, airway clearance, invasive and non-invasive ventilation and bedside spirometry), as ordered by a patients attending physician, in a quality manner that is in accordance with established procedures. Administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation in emergency situations.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Reviews physician’s orders, analyzes patient’s diagnostic test results and provides appropriate therapy based on the patients current clinical condition. If appropriate, implements approved protocols as directed by physician.
2. Performs routine and advanced respiratory therapy; prioritizing patient needs in a rapidly changing environment.
3. Instructs patient in the use of various respiratory care equipment in a thorough and professional manner. Assesses patient response to therapy and coaches the patient to improve technique.
4. Documents all treatments and therapies given, any supplies used, and accurately files all corresponding charges. Reports outcomes of therapeutic interventions and makes recommendations as appropriate.
5. Adheres to established policies within the BSWH system including but not limited to: infection control and isolation policies, HIPPA, time and attendance, and social media.
6. Works willingly and professionally with other employees, healthcare professionals, and students.
7. Takes responsibility and initiative to understand and complete any professional or technical requirements set by Baylor Scott and White leadership.
8. Incorporates principles of continual quality improvement in all of aspects of clinical care, identifying opportunities as appropriate.
9. Maintain knowledge of current RT practice and current healthcare information. Fulfills and maintains continuing educations requirements as deemed by the State of Texas Health and Human Services.
Tier 3 Requirements:
1. Work minimum of 4 shifts per month.
2. Floats across 3 hospitals and works at least 1 of the 4 shifts in a NICU
3. Provide availability to work a minimum 3 holidays per calendar year.
The ideal candidate general understanding of Respiratory Care modalities, therapies and medications. Acquires and maintains required certifications; must be able to read, write and follow flow chart protocols as appropriate; have a general knowledge of computers including but not limited to: typing, electronic documentation, hand held scanner and email; must be able to work under stressful conditions; must have critical thinking and problem solving skills; and must demonstrate ability to assemble complex equipment and perform tasks which require fine motor skills.
Location/Facility –BASMC- FT. Worth
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Shift/Schedule-PRN Night Tier III
Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - Assoc or Grad of an Accr Prog
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 2 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP): Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
Registered Respiratory Therapi (RRT): Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board Respiratory Care.
BASMC - 4th Floor Bldg A (10020)
1400 Eighth Ave
Fort Worth, 76104
RespiratoryHealth - HospitalFull-time