Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for the safe and effective administration of medically prescribed medications, knowing their indications and contraindications.
- Knows and follows the indications and contraindications, the policy and procedures in administering therapeutic modalities to include: PAP, IS, USN, HHN.
- Sets up and monitors oxygen administration.
- Sets up oxygen cylinders and assures proper usage and safety measures are in place.
- Performs bedside spirometry tests. May be requested to perform test in PFT lab following adequate training and/or orientation.
- Performs arterial punctures using radial, brachial, and femoral sites independently. Draws off arterial lines to obtain sample for blood gas analysis.
- Be a member of the “code team” responding to arrest situations. As part of the team may be expected to perform CPR (compression).
- Sets up requested hemodynamic lines, calibrates monitors, and troubleshoots any problems that may occur.
- Performs all aspects of artificial airway care. Able to perform deep blind tracheal suctioning on patients.
- Daily/weekly preventative maintenance and calibration, quality assurance of ABG analyzers.
- Familiar with oxygen delivery systems (i.e. Nasal cannula, Venturi mask, non-rebreather).
- Familiar with measuring devices to include, but not limited to, pulse oximeter, Wrights respirometer, oxygen blenders.
- Responsible for the set-up, safety check, monitoring, and troubleshooting of mechanical ventilators.
- Familiar with CPAP set-up and administration of CPAP.
- Performs quality EKG’s according to departmental standards
- Maintains accurate and legible records, documenting clinical notes in patient’s charts.
- Participation in reporting patient progress, and prioritizing patient condition to the next shift.
- Proper documentation in department records. Participates in staff meetings, attends lectures, conferences and seminars.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Proper time management for general floor therapy.
- Proper time management for critical care procedures/therapies.
- Demonstrates knowledge related to adult and neonatal ventilator management.
- Demonstrates time management and prioritization skills on a routine basis.
- Participates in respiratory care performance improvement program
Must possess current state license (RRT) upon hire
BLS required upon hire
ACLS required upon hire
NRP upon hire or within three (3) months of employment date
PALS upon hire or within three (3) months of employment date
Graduate of an AMA accredited 2-year (AS degree) Respiratory Care Program upon hire
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible to the Department Manager. The Respiratory Therapist delivers care to patients under the direction/delegation of the physician. Must be able to perform satisfactorily the specific competencies as outlined by the department. Must effectively interact
with patient, families, physicians and other health team members while maintaining standards of respiratory care practice and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards. Reports pertinent observations, interventions, and patient responses to the Registered Nurse and/or physician. Demonstrates sound judgment regarding observations, findings and concerns. The Respiratory Therapist serves as a resource for the department practitioners, students and the interdisciplinary
team, using critical thinking and decision-making skills in the delivery of quality patient care. Must contribute to the achievement of the Dashboard Measurements as well as patient, customer, and employee satisfaction.