At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
This position is responsible for providing safe, quality respiratory patient care and teaching to patients and families. Additional responsibilities include collaboration with the health care team, participation in on-going feedback regarding performance improvement, implementation of clinical pathway/plan of care to guide patient care delivery and flexibility to enhance delivery of patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Perform all respiratory care modalities in the palliative and curative treatment of pulmonary disease and disorders.
- Perform bedside diagnostic tests to evaluate the extent of pulmonary dysfunction.
- Manage and monitors mechanical ventilation and artificial airways.
- Assists with fiberoptic bronchoscopy (FOB) procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of standard operating procedures. This includes standards on accurate and timely documentation, standard work, and department and hospital policy and procedure.
- Maintains a knowledge of specialized equipment and related computerized equipment.
- Each department member will maintain a professional image, professional communication, appearance, and conduct.
- Participates in continuous improvement, quality control, and preventative maintenance.
- Minimum of 1 experience as a respiratory therapist.
- Must be proficient in adult critical care (e.g. ICU, ECU, and PACU).
- Must be experienced in bedside diagnostic testing, respiratory assessment, and advanced modes of mechanical ventilation.
- Current California license from Respiratory Care Board (RCP) required
- RRT required
- BLS required
- ACLS required
- PALS required
- NRP (If working in NICU)
- NPS preferred
- ACCS preferred