Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
We currently have 2 part-time vacancies with benefits, 48 hours per pay period, day/night rotating shift and every 3rd weekend, 12 hour shifts.
Under medical direction, assesses and administers respiratory care as assigned and supervised by a Senior Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Responds to cardiopulmonary emergencies and assists in establishing/maintaining a patent airway including care for the potential effects of an artificial airway
- Provides manual ventilation and airway management during transports under the direction of a physician
- Provides mechanical ventilatory support and monitoring in the intensive care units
- Initiates, monitors and makes recommendations regarding respiratory care procedures
- Records actions and observations on patient care delivery in the EHR
- Operates and maintains all respiratory care equipment
- Performs diagnostic procedures such as apnea testing, spirometry, and sputum induction
- Monitor and document staff performance
- Assists with staff orientation and competency development
- Instructs, monitors, and provides feedback to students
- Incorporates safety, infection control and quality improvement guidelines into the environment of care
- Responsible for the safe and effective administration of medically prescribed medications, knowing their indications and contraindications
- Knows and follows the indications and contraindications for administering therapeutic modalities
- Monitors and troubleshoots oxygen administration as requested
- Assures the proper and safe use of medical gas cylinders (oxygen, heliox, nitric oxide)
- Performs bedside PFT testing. May perform testing in PFT lab following adequate training and/or orientation
- Performs arterial punctures using radial and brachial sites
- Be a member of the "code team" responding to arrest situations
- As part of the team may be expected to perform CPR (compression)
- Must be certified in CPR procedures bi-annually
- Responds to Rapid Response Team calls
- Responsible for the set up, safety check, monitoring, adjustments to, and troubleshooting of mechanical ventilators
- Responsible for the set up and administration of CPAP and non-invasive ventilation
- Report patient progress, and anticipated changes in patient care to the next shift
- Proper documentation in department records
- Participates in staff meetings, attends lectures, conferences and seminars
- Assists with bedside bronchoscopies in ventilated/non-ventilated patients
- Completion of a two or four year Respiratory Care program approved by the Commission on the accreditation of Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- Registered with the State of Minnesota as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.