Work for One of the World’s Best Hospitals!
In 2019, Newsweek named Charlton Memorial, St. Luke’s, and Tobey among the Best Hospitals in the World. Why? Because we have some of the most talented people in the world.
Hours: 32hrs flex 40hrs
Shift: Evening Shift 3:00pm-11:30pm(May be schedueld a combination of8 & 12hr shifts) w/weekend & holiday rotation
Primary Location: St. Luke's Hospital - New Bedford, MA
-Rotation to all shifts as needed Position requires applicant towork at either Charlton Memorial Hospital and/or St. Luke's Hospital as needed up to position hours.
We are searching for a Respiratory Therapist to perform diversified duties in administering and monitoring Respiratory Care Services according to Physician’s orders. Services including but not limited to; Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), sputum induction, breathing exercises, medication delivery, fit testing, Tuberculosis (TB) testing, blood sampling and analysis, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), airway management, bronchoscopy assistance, evaluation and assessment, protocol implementation, patient and family education, smoking cessation, non-invasive and invasive mechanical ventilation, airway management, heliox therapy, oxygen therapy, holter monitoring, Electrocardiogram (EKG) testing and Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT).
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an approved program for Respiratory Care is required; an Associate’s degree is preferred.
- CRT is required, RRT is preferred.
- Valid license from the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Respiratory Care is required.
- One (1) year of acute and chronic respiratory care experience is preferred.
Southcoast Health is a community based health delivery system with multiple access points, offering an integrated continuum of health services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. For more than 100 years, we have provided quality, patient-focused care in a state-of-the-art environment. By uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of services and resources, we have become one of the largest and fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts.
Together We Are More.
- 311 years of hospitals’ collective continuous 920 + square miles of service across Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- 7,500 + employees: physicians, nurses, IT, Finance, HR, and more
- Named to Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals 2019 and Best Place to Work by the readers of SouthCoastToday
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life balance and add value to our employees’ lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a minimum of 24 hours.
**Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community? Join us as we strive to be More than medicine.