Now Hiring!! Respiratory Therapist Elizabeth, NJCareOne at Trinitas Regional Medical Center
Balance Life & Work with a New Career Opportunity
The CareOne at Trinitas Regional Medical Center LTACH's mission is to define excellence within the health care community.
We are proud to Offer:
Competitive Salary Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits 401k Retirement Plan Paid Time Off Opportunities to advance and grow your career And More
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The primary responsibility of Respiratory Therapist is to set up and operate various types of respiratory care equipment to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and/or illness. Also, assesses, documents and reports patients responses to weaning.
- Conducts physician prescribed treatments of a routine nature operating mechanical ventilators, various oxygen devices, and ultrasonic nebulizer in order to administer prescribed medicinal vapors and gases, humidity and various oxygen concentrations to the respiratory system of the patient.
- Performs chest physical therapy treatments involving percussion, postural drainage, and suctioning in order to loosed and mobilize secretions and mucus in the lungs and to clear airway blockage in the respiratory system.
- Sets-up, operates and monitors ventilators when patients respiratory system is incapable of adequate spontaneous ventilation.
- Ensure the adequate maintenance of ventilation during cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Records all pertinent information of treatments and responses to weaning on respiratory care records and patient chart.
- Reports treatments to be conducted and conditions of patients to relief personnel.
- Processes respiratory therapy equipment and cleaning of equipment as required.
- Participates in meeting basic patient care needs by performing activities related to patient hygiene, toileting and mobility.
- Makes regular rounds- checking patients oxygen equipment and spot-checking and tracking other respiratory equipment on a timely basis..
- Establishes and maintains communications and utilizes teaching opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrest.
- Participates in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment
- Participates actively in committees for improvement of care
- Actively participates in continuing education programs for self-development
- Is knowledgeable about the emotional and rehabilitative aspects of care is capable of apply appropriate therapeutic interventions
- Participates in the Hazardous Material Program. Hazards include exposure to blood and body fluids, possible communicable diseases, sharp objects and instruments, assorted chemicals and gasses.
- Develops an understanding of responsibilities for participating in QI/PI activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be a CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist) or RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist)
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills
- Must be able to accommodate varying shift times, evening hours, and some Saturdays
- Team Player