Respiratory Therapist - PRN (As Needed)
PRN Needs: Night Shifts from 7pm-7am
Location: Medical City Dallas
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
Respiratory Therapist Job Responsibilities:
It is the responsibility of the staff respiratory therapist to demonstrate proficiency in all modalities of Respiratory Care and other multidisciplinary assigned skills as defined by training and competency demonstration. The Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for execution of assignments. All care will be in compliance with hospital and respiratory policies. May work with Respiratory Students in the clinical care setting. Daily assignment of a Staff Respiratory Therapist may include supervision of students and techs. Daily assignment of a Staff Respiratory Therapist may include supervision of students and techs.
Respiratory Therapist Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must be able to care for neonate through adult population. Requires full understanding and ability to utilize the Respiratory Care process. Requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to:
- Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice acts.
- Must possess knowledge of Respiratory therapeutics and the correlation of diagnostic assessment.
- Apply scientific knowledge; use a variety of respiratory equipment; and perform multiple technical procedures.
- Make discriminating observation.
- Must be capable of performing CPR without limitation and respond to all emergent situations to manage respiratory status.