The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for performing the respiratory care needs for assigned patients for Baylor Scott & White Surgical Hospital - Fort Worth and Baylor Scott & WhiteSurgical Hospital Outpatient Center. The Respiratory Therapist shall assume responsibility for:
Patient Assessment and Management
- Performs patient assessments according to policy, procedures and prevailing professional standards of care.
- Assess patient response to therapeutic interventions and adjusts treatment plans as indicated/warranted.
- Performs patient chart review to assist with patient care planning and treatment.
- Interacts with physicians/ Licenses Independent Practitioners to facilitate the best clinical outcome for the patient.
- Provides education to the patient and or/caregivers
- Administers both continuous and intermittent Respiratory Care modalities following Department policies, procedures and prevailing professional standards of care,
- Obtain and/or run laboratory samples for analysis
- In conjunction with the Laboratory:
- maintain machine QC controls
- perform daily and weekly maintenance
- assist with troubleshooting of mechanical problems
- Performs Patient Care procedures
Required skills include:
- Independent decision making skills,
- Ability to utilize Electronic Health Care Record for patient documentation
- Ability tooutline the roles and responsibilities determined necessary and essential for the delivery of services and care to the patient population.
Required experience and certificationsinclude:
- Registry-eligible CRT/RRT
- Minimum of 2 years critical care hospital Respiratory Therapy
- Respiratory Care Practitioner by Texas Department of Health
- Current BLS/ACLS certification