Central Carolina Hospital
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing basic and advanced respiratory care services in all clinical settings in the hospital. The therapist follows the orders of the patient’s physician, helps plan, evaluate and treat patients for acute and chronic Pulmonary issues while in the hospital setting. The Registered Respiratory Therapist collaborates with other health care providers for the patient’s continuum of care.
1. Reviews, collects, and evaluates relevant clinical data.
2. Performs both basic and advanced therapeutic procedures for age of population served.
3. Communicates changes in the Respiratory Care plan with other healthcare team members.
4. Provides effective education to patients, students, and other co-workers.
5. Performs both fundamental and advanced diagnostic procedures including arterial puncture, blood gas analysis, pulmonary functions, and Bronchscopies.
6. Performs emergency and acute respiratory care procedures in accordance with established practice guidelines and in line with department policy and procedures.
7. Actively participates in the department and hospital performance improvement activities.
8. Assembles, checks, and corrects malfunctions and performs quality controls on Respiratory Care equipment.
9. Maintains clinical and professional competency based upon established standards of practice.
10. Provides oxygen services in accordance with department policy and procedures.
11. Assists in patient resuscitation ( Code Blue) and Medical Response Team (MRT) situations.
12. Works closely with the Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) and provides support and advice as needed.
13. Maintains department forms, logbooks, charges, and computer activities.
14. Documents in hospital provider computer programs all clinical activities.
15. Assists with Respiratory Care Assistants, providing guidance and direction.
16. Assists with Respiratory Care Students in their educational process.
Associate’s degree is required
Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Licensed by the North Carolina Board of Respiratory Care is required
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the NBRC is required
American Heart Association BLS is required
ACLS, PAPS, NRP preferred
JobPlease select a valid job field