South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
* Assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders. Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures; maintain patient records; and select, assemble, check, and operate equipment.
* Demonstrates competency in respiratory therapeutics and in the use of ventilators, pulmonary diagnostics, physiologic monitors, and other equipment required for the provision of respiratory care.
* Maintains accurate and precise documentation.
* Demonstrates strong power of analytical reasoning and effectively blends patient care management skills with technical expertise.
* Communicates openly and effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
* Demonstrates proficiency in quality control and maintenance of arterial blood gas analyzers, specimen collection and analysis of blood for gas transport and acid/base determinations.
* Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
* Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and medical condition of the patient.
* Demonstrates expertise in the areas of medical gas administration, environmental control systems, humidification, medication delivery, invasive and non-invasive ventilatory support, airway management, hemodynamic monitoring, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
* Provides care for patients in non-critical care and intermediate critical care units.
* Instructs clinical practicum students.
* The Registered Respiratory Therapist staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
* The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
South Lake Hospital is currently looking for a Respiratory Therapist II to join our team. Interested candidates will have the following...
* Associate of Science in Respiratory Care or Cardiopulmonary Sciences.
* Must be eligible for the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) exam per NBRC guidelines.
* Basic computer/mechanical training required.
* Maintains license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the State of Florida Department of Health.
* RRT's registered on or after July 1, 2002 must maintain an active status with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and updated every five years. RRT's credentialed prior to July 1, 2002 are not required to renew every five years in accordance with NBRC.
* Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
* Advanced Life Support as appropriate per unit and site.
* One (1) year experience in respiratory care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled