Under the direction of the Respiratory Therapy Manager, the general supervision of the Lead Therapist, and with the guidance of the Medical Director, the individual will be required to perform Respiratory Therapy Service modalities as ordered by physician to in-patients and out-patients throughout the Trinity Medical Center facilities.
UnityPoint Health - Trinity, in the Quad Cities, is a regional integrated health care delivery system including four full-service hospitals in Rock Island and Moline, Illinois and Bettendorf and Muscatine, Iowa with a total of 584 licensed inpatient beds. Trinity’s hospitals, clinics, home health care agency, mental health center, health sciences college and residency program employ more than 3,000 employees. Together, we are working toward physician-driven, patient-centered care to achieve our vision of delivering the best outcome for every patient, every time.
The Quad Cities is a connected, creative and prosperous bi-state community on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River. The region is made up of Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa - Moline, East Moline, and Rock island in Illinois - and other surrounding communities. The Quad Cities is a great place to live and work. It offers something for everyone including arts and culture, amazing festivals and events, innovative and superior schools and universities, and quality healthcare. The Quad Cities is a premier destination for young professionals and families and sits only hours away from Chicago, St. Louis, and Des Moines.
Patient Experience/Patient Care
- Provide respiratory care modalities, therapies and diagnostic testing; including oxygen therapies and medication delivery.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of services provided.
- Provides education to the patient and their family.
- Process and provide various equipment, necessary to carry out assigned duties including diagnostic and ventilator support of patients both invasive and non-invasive.
- Pulmonary Function Testing equipment, including but not limited to;
- PF Screening equipment
- Comprehensive Pulmonary Function Testing equipment
- Other advanced pulmonary diagnostic equipment and procedures
- Humidifiers, O2 therapy related equipment, aerosols, and pulse oximetry.
- Nebulizers, inhalers, and applicable medications.
- Mechanical percussors, bedside pulmonary screeners, EKG's, and volume expansion therapy.
- Emergency airway equipment.
- Adult ventilation (noninvasive only).
- ABG procurement.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Education: Graduate of a CoARC approved Respiratory care Program and Registered respiratory Therapist (RRT) or considered registry eligible by the NBRC.
Experience: Employees are required to go through a 3 to 6 week orientation, depending on level of experience for proper orientation to the departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. Iowa Licensure Obtained within 1 month from date of hire. Illinois License - Proof of completed and submitted application within the first week of employment. Certifications: CPR Certification upon hire, ACLS/NRP/PEARS within 6 months from date of hire. Registrations: All employees must have their RRT credentialing and keep it Active per the NBRC standards.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Accountability, Adaptability, Collaboration, Communication – written & verbal, Flexibility, Customer/patient focused, Independent Judgment & Decision Making, Managing priorities/deadlines, Multicultural sensitivity, Leadership skills, Problem-solving and analytical ability, Professionalism, Relationship management, Teamwork, Technical Aptitude – ability to learn new systems quickly.
Others: Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.