Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT/CRT), primary responsibility is for all respiratory care therapeutic treatments and diagnostic procedures under the direction of the Licensed Independent Practitioner The patient population served will range from 18 years to geriatric who are experiencing medically complex conditions and general cardiopulmonary conditions with rehabilitation needs.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT/CRT) will:
- Evaluates, treats and cares for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders.
- Active involvement with the primary physician and interdisciplinary team in developing the patients plan of care;
- Assesses their respiratory disorders to improve their optimal functional level of independence
- Establishes and administers a treatment program with specific goals determined according to the patients capacity and tolerance.
Conduct physician-prescribed treatments of a routine nature.
Perform chest physical therapy treatments which involve percussion, postural drainage or suctioning; perform airway management including trach tube changes, Passy-Muir Valve monitoring, and intubation or extubation; set up, operate and monitor ventilators.
Record resident treatment, education and response to care.
Submit accurate billing and documentation in accordance with RT protocol, company policy and state/federal regulations.
Conduct in-servicing and competency testing of nursing staff.
Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (AS-400, Word processing, databases, spreadsheets, etc.).
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in Respiratory Care from an accredited Respiratory Care Education program required.
- Minimally required to have successfully completed the standardized national examination to receive the CRT credential.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is preferred; Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) recommended.
- Must maintain current Provider CPR certification throughout employment.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Gym Memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Subsidized Commuting
- Employee Events
- Free Food and Coffee
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid sick days
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Schedules
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave