Are you looking to work with a dedicated Acute Care/Med Surg Team?
At Cornerstone Specialty Hospital Shawnee we can help your dream become a reality!
Who We Are
Cornerstone Healthcare Group is a leading long term acute care hospital group (LTAC) committed to improving the health and well-being of patients by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service. Cornerstone, with its recent merger of Solara Healthcare, is headquartered in Dallas and owns 18 hospitals in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, West Virginia and Oklahoma.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and ingrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT/CRT), primary responsibility is for all respiratory care therapeutic treatments and diagnostic procedures under the direction of the Licensed Independent Practitioner The patient population served will range from 18 years to geriatric who are experiencing medically complex conditions and general cardiopulmonary conditions with rehabilitation needs.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT/CRT) will:
- Evaluates, treats and cares for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders.
- Active involvement with the primary physician and interdisciplinary team in developing the patients plan of care;
- Assesses their respiratory disorders to improve their optimal functional level of independence
- Establishes and administers a treatment program with specific goals determined according to the patients capacity and tolerance.
Conduct physician-prescribed treatments of a routine nature
Perform chest physical therapy treatments which involve percussion, postural drainage or suctioning; perform airway management including trach tube changes, Passy-Muir Valve monitoring, and intubation or extubation; set up, operate and monitor ventilators
Record resident treatment, education and response to care
Submit accurate billing and documentation in accordance with RT protocol, company policy and state/federal regulations
Conduct in-servicing and competency testing of nursing staff
Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in Respiratory Care from an accredited Respiratory Care Education program required.
- Minimally required to have successfully completed the standardized national examination to receive the CRT credential.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is preferred; Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) recommended.
- Must maintain current Provider CPR certification throughout employment.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Flexible Schedules
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Professional Development
- Merchandise Discounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Gym Memberships
- Employee Events
- Free Food and Coffee
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Subsidized Commuting
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave