Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Respiratory Therapist RRT provides advanced-level respiratory care to patients designed to diagnose, evaluate, treat, manage, and control deficiencies or abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system within the prescription of the ordering physician. This position acts as a resource to the CRT staff. The RRT may be responsible for special clinical projects or assignments as designated by leadership according to the needs of the department.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs respiratory care procedures in response to patient needs and physician orders within the Scope of Practice of the Respiratory Care Department.
- Evaluates, monitors, and maintains patients care within established guidelines in the form of policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Seeks for and evaluates information acquired from other members of the interdisciplinary team (e.g., patient, family, physician, nursing, support staff).
- Uses assessment information and critical thinking skills while assessing the respiratory status of assigned patients through physical exam, review of history and physical, and response to ordered therapies.
- Communicates the patient care plan to the patient, family, physician, nursing, support staff, and others while maintaining a team focus.
- Independently performs the majority of procedures, assessments, and interventions performed at the facility including advanced settings (as applicable). Participates within Clinical Program initiatives and processes and monitors outcomes.
- Supports and implements department or specialty care area projects or programs as identified.
- Supports standardization and implementation of department protocols, policies, and procedures for patient care delivery.
- Handles problems and concerns until they can dealt with by management as appropriate.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and adjusts respiratory care equipment and diagnostic equipment.
- Develops and implements patient education plan when needed in relation to respiratory disease and equipment related to admission and discharge.
- Communicates operational theory to other health professionals and recommends the most appropriate technology to maximize patient comfort and safety.
- Maintains timely, accurate records and documentation to satisfy department, hospital, and legal requirements.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions through review of achievement of goals, clinical outcomes, and patient and family satisfaction.
- Revises plan of care as indicated and reassess changes as appropriate.
- Promotes the profession of Respiratory Care and acts as a resource, consultant, and mentor to staff within department and patient care areas through development of others.
- Participates in quality improvement and research activities as part of the Respiratory Care Team to guide the development of standards of patient care.
- Entry Rate: $25.75
- Location: Various locations throughout Utah
- Schedule: Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN On-Call
- Graduate of a NBRC approved Respiratory Therapist program. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current State License as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (RRT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Specific certifications as required (i.e. PALS, ACLS, NRP).
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Respiratory experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 39, 6, 37, 4, 35, 2, 33, 0, 31, 29, 27, 25, 23, 21, 19, 17, 15, 13, 11, 9, 40, 7, 38, 5, 36, 3, 34, 1, 32
Primary Work Location Childrens Justice Center-Grand, Physical Therapy - Bountiful, Box Elder Clinic, South Sevier Clinic, Park City Hospital, Mountain Family Health, Logan Regional Hospital, Central Laboratory, IM Flash Clinic, Tooele Valley Dialysis Center, Layton Clinic, Employee Service Center, Bear River Clinic, Copper Peak Medical Building, Cottonwood Medical Clinic, Supply Chain Center, River Road Clinic, Orem Community Hospital, Alta View Hospital, Avenues Surgical Center, Physical Therapy - Payson, West Valley Clinic, South Jordan Clinic, Murray WorkMed, Homecare - Utah County, Central Laundry, TOSH Medical Tower, SelectHealth - Franklin, Primary Childrens at Wasatch Canyons, Manti Clinic, Homecare - Woods Cross, Budge Clinic, Dialysis Center - IMC, Utah Valley Pain Management, Tooele Instacare, Richfield Clinic, Layton Workmed, Ephraim Clinic, Utah Valley Clinic, SCC Retail Pharmacy, Cassia Hospital, Childrens Justice Center-Salt Lake, Orthopedic Specialty Group, Holladay Pediatrics - North, Dixie Foremaster Building, Alta View Clinic, Central Office - Las Vegas, Primary Childrens Outpatient Clinic, Workmed - Orem, South Ogden Clinic, North Canyon Family Practice, Homecare - Richfield, Key Bank Tower, Life Centre Medical Building, Spanish Fork Hospital, Weber Region Business Office, Saratoga Springs Clinic, McKay-Dee Hospital, Eccles Outpatient Center - IMC, Childrens Justice Center-Ogden, TOSH, Riverton Hospital, LDS Hospital, Primary Childrens Lehi, Pointe at 53rd, Primary Children's Hospital, Hurricane Valley Clinic, Dixie Regional at River Road, American Fork Hospital, East Bay Building, Orem Imaging Center, Delta Community Hospital, South Sandy Clinic, North Ogden Clinic, Homecare - Salt Lake City, Central Orem Clinic, Primary Childrens Hospital - Las Vegas, Valley Center Tower, Parkway Building, West Jordan Clinic, SelectHealth - Murray, McKay-Dee Surgical Center, Canyon County, Transformation Center, Homecare - Burley, Utah Dialysis Center, Rose Park Elementary Clinic, Life Flight Operations Center, Park City Mountain Resort Clinic, Childrens Justice Center-Sevier, Park City Clinic, Dixie Regional MC, Summit Womens Clinic, Southern Utah Dialysis, Fillmore Community Hospital, US Synthetic Clinic, Southern Utah Orthopedics, North Orem Clinic, Homecare - St George, Primary Childrens at Riverton, World Trade Center, SLC Airport, Memorial Clinic, Canyon View Clinic, Alta View Specialty Clinic, Kaysville Creekside Clinic, Bountiful Clinic, Dayspring Clinic - Logan, Park City Instacare, South Salt Lake Administration, Intermountain Medical Center, USR Central Billing, Homecare - South Ogden, Sevier Valley Hospital, Physical Therapy - Spanish Fork, North Sevier Clinic, Century Building, Southridge Clinic at Riverton, Best Friends Child Development - Logan, Physical Therapy/Workmed - South Jordan, Snowbird Clinic, Homecare - Logan, American Fork Clinic, Salt Lake County Employee Clinic, Utah Valley Outpatient Center, Salt Lake Clinic, Lincoln School Clinic, Fort Union Building, Dixie Cancer Center, Layton Office Building, North Cache Valley Clinic, Sunset Clinic, Kearns Clinic, Workmed - St George, Avenues Physician Tower, Sevier Valley Dialysis Center, Cedar City Hospital, Springville Clinic, North Temple Clinic, Herefordshire Clinic, Child Development Center - Salt Lake, WorkMed - Magna, McKay-Dee Medical Building, Childrens Justice Center-Cedar, Rose Canyon Clinic, Sorenson Center, Homecare - Mount Pleasant, Timpanogos Physician Office Building, Draper Clinic, Physical Therapy/Workmed - Salt Lake, Gossner Cancer Center - Logan, Garfield Memorial Hospital, Bountiful Sports Med, Fillmore Clinic, Heber Valley Hospital, MG Support, Syracuse Clinic, Dixon Clinic, Avenues Medical Plaza, Canyons Village Medical Clinic, Provo Peaks Business Building, Utah Valley Hospital, Workmed - Springville, Highland Clinic, Childrens Justice Center-SanPete, McKay-Dee Summit Day Treatment, SelectHealth Idaho, South Cache Valley Clinic, Moroni Clinic, Homecare - Ogden, Cedar City Instacare/Workmed, Kids Stop - American Fork, Lehi Clinic, Sandy EAP, Logan Clinic, Heber Valley Clinic, Layton Hospital, Payson Clinic, Taylorsville Clinic, Lake Park Building, Bear River Valley Hospital, Childrens Justice Center-Cache, R Kids Child Development Center - Provo, Sanpete Valley Hospital, Workmed - Ogden, Holladay Clinic
Job Type Full Time, Per Diem, Temporary, On-Call / PRN, Part Time
Location US-UT-Providence, US-UT-Circleville, US-ID-Idaho Falls, US-UT-Panguitch, US-UT-Bountiful, US-UT-Saratoga Springs, US-UT-Highland, US-UT-Ogden, US-UT-Roy, US-UT-Escalante, US-Idaho (ID), US-UT-Taylorsville, US-UT-Manti, US-NV-Las Vegas, US-UT-Spanish Fork, US-UT-Kearns, US-UT-Roosevelt, US-UT-Orem, US-UT-West Jordan, US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Riverton, US-UT-Cedar City, US-ID-Boise, US-UT-Pleasant Grove, US-UT-American Fork, US-UT-South Jordan, US-UT-Heber City, US-UT-Provo, US-UT-Sandy, US-UT-Ephraim, US-UT-Wendover, US-UT-Magna, US-UT-Syracuse, US-UT-Hyrum, US-UT-Payson, US-UT-Orderville, US-UT-Vernal, US-UT-Mount Pleasant, US-UT-Cannonville, US-UT-Richfield, US-ID-Preston, US-UT-Lehi, US-UT-Parowan, US-UT-Fillmore, US-UT-Snowbird, US-UT-Draper, US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-Logan, US-UT-Tremonton, US-UT-Hurricane, US-UT-St George, US-UT-Kaysville, US-UT-Moroni, US-UT-Woods Cross, US-UT-Brigham City, US-UT-Park City, US-ID-Burley, US-UT-Spanish Fork Hospital, US-UT-Smithfield, US-UT-Farmington, US-UT-Salina, US-UT-Delta, US-UT-Tooele, US-UT-Layton, US-UT-Springville, US-UT-Holladay, US-UT-Hyde Park, US-UT-North Ogden, US-ID-Blackfoot, US-UT-West Valley City, US-UT-Midvale