Voca Health has immediate openings available for Respiratory Therapist professionals in St Paul, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Kaley Fuller at email@example.com and call her at 952.303.8105. Thanks!
- The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing diagnostic and therapeutic services as prescribed by a physician. Follows defined treatment protocol according to department policies. Collects, assesses, interprets and intervenes as appropriate in the care of patients. Ensures patient welfare and safety standards during treatments.
- Additional Essential Functions and Common Expectations:
- Assesses patient needs and identifies expected outcomes.
- Assesses patient condition (BP, temperature, heart rate, respiratory rate, rhythm interpretation, lung sounds).
- Assures all actions are based on scientific, ethical, or ecological principles; proven effectiveness; past experience; practice standards; patient/family requests and values; or legal parameters.
- Documents interventions according to practice guidelines.
- Responds appropriately to emergent situations.
- Evaluates care and the patient’ s response to interventions and expected outcomes.
- Systematically and continuously evaluates patient progress; reports abnormalities to responsible RN.
- Reports all variances in procedure to the Supervisor, Manager.
- Reports to the Charge Nurse with variances in each nursing unit.
- Modifies the interventions based on patient response and changing patient condition.
- Involves the patient, family, and other health team members in evaluating care.
- Uses ongoing assessment data to revise patient needs, priority problems, outcomes and the plan of care.
- Prepares equipment
- Maintains appropriate respiratory care equipment stock levels to appropriate ordering mechanisms
- Practices and maintains all pertinent NFPA and JCAHO standards for proper safe handling of respiratory care equipment
- Makes round on all patients receiving respiratory care to ensure proper equipment operation in patient safety and acceptance.
- Provides diagnostic and therapeutic services as prescribed by a physician. These include treatments, ABG’ s and Pulmonary Function Tests. Contacts physician for additional information when orders are incomplete.
- Operates and maintains all respiratory care equipment, especially life support sustaining equipment. Performs routine maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Reports all variances in procedure to the Supervisor/Director. Reports to the RN with variances in Critical Care. Participates in cardiac and respiratory arrests.
- Practices and maintains all pertinent NFPA and JCAHO standards for proper safe handling of respiratory care equipment.
- Follows complete cleaning procedures for the various pieces of respiratory care equipment and tubing, prepares equipment for SPD and gas sterilization.
- Maintains appropriate respiratory care equipment stock levels to appropriate ordering mechanisms.
- Associate’ s Degree in Respiratory Care/Therapy or related field
- Respiratory Therapist License issued by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is preferred
- BLS, ACLS required
- 36 hours/week, 3-12s
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca| Manager of Healthcare Recruiting
https://myvoca.com/ CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL JOBS
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Voca: The Spirit of Work