Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Respiratory Therapist to join our growing team in Wausau and our newly opened Stevens Point Emergency Department. This position will provide services to both the Stevens Point and Wausau Hospital campus.
· 12 hour shifts working 1830 - 0700 with 2 shifts per pay period working at Aspirus Wausau Hospital Campus. Every third weekend rotation and two holidays per year.
· Typical procedures at Stevens Point include: Assess and Treat protocols, Emergency airway management up to and including intubation, invasive and non-invasive ventilator support, ABG draws and testing, out-patient set ups including, Holter monitors and Home Sleep testing. This exciting role will be expanding as opportunities arise at this new location.
· Typical procedures at Wausau include: Critical Care experience in a Medical and Cardiac ICU. Assess and Treat protocols along with Ventilator Management Protocols. Basic Floor therapies. NICU/Transport training available to those interested in expanding their skill set.
· Knowledge of respiratory care standards and protocols normally acquired through graduation from an AMA approved school of Respiratory Care with an Associate Degree.
· A Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Care or Biological Sciences beneficial.
· One year of critical care experience and experience in pulmonary function or cardiopulmonary lab beneficial.
· An active Wisconsin Respiratory Care Practitioner license required.
· Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
· Registered RRT by the National Board of Respiratory Care, or registry eligible and obtained within one year of hire is desired.
· Neo-natal Resuscitation Program certification at time of hire or obtained within 6 months of employment for all Therapists assigned to NICU beneficial.
· Active membership in the American Association for Respiratory Care, experience with electrocardiography, arterial monitoring and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) beneficial.
· ACLS beneficial. Acceptable certification is the American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Course or the American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Course including a hands-on skills practice session with an AHA ACLS or PALS instructor or by using a voice assisted manikin (VAM) system.
The Aspirus Stevens Point Emergency Department is located on the Aspirus Stevens Point Campus and provides care for a wide variety of acutely ill and injured patients. The emergency department is part of an overall 75,000 square-foot expansion at the Aspirus Stevens Point Campus that also includes increased specialty and walk-in services.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a private/not-for-profit facility. We are a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 325 beds, operating at 230. We average 12,714 inpatient admissions with 78,119 outpatients and 30,574 emergency room visits per year. Our departments include an 18-bed Medical/Surgical ICU, 8-bed cardiac ICU, 18-bed ER, 1,308 annual deliveries in our OB unit, 12-room NICU, 5 cath labs, performing 435 open heart surgeries per year in our Aspirus Heart & Vascular Institute.