Respiratory Therapy Supervisor
Butner Federal Correctional Complex (FCC Butner)
UHealthSolutions, Inc. is seeking to hire a Respiratory Therapy Supervisor to work within The Federal Medical Center in Butner, NC. FMC Butner is a United States federal prison in North Carolina for male inmates of all security levels who have special health needs. It is part of the Butner Federal Correctional Complex (FCC Butner) and is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP), a division of the United States Department of Justice. It is located near the Research Triangle area of Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill.
Supervise, perform, evaluate and coordinate diagnostic and therapeutic clinical procedures as defined in the Respiratory Care Services Procedures Manual, performing work in accordance with physician orders in BOP patient populations in intermediate, intensive and emergency care areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of the Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Develop clinical care protocols.
- Evaluate patient care plans
- Assure respiratory care staff competency and safety.
- Appraise performance of all staff members.
- Develop performance plans and professional goals
- Implement any necessary corrective actions
- Monitor adherence to policy, procedures and practice guidelines
- Coordinate the evaluation of products/equipment.
- Coordinate and monitor departmental improvement projects.
- Provide input into departmental equipment selection and function.
- Assure safe and appropriate working environment.
- Assure appropriate supply inventory.
- Provide input into applicant hiring and termination decisions.
- Monitor and report all patient care, safety, medication, technical and employee incidents.
- Assess human resource requirements daily.
- Assure appropriate staff and skill level
- Assess human resource requirements daily
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
As a UHealthSolutions employee working at the Federal Bureau of Prisons, FCC Butner, you must comply not only with all of the policies, rules and regulations of UHealthSolutions, but also with all of the rules and regulations of the Federal Bureau of Prisons, FCC Butner. You will be trained in UHealthSolutions and Federal Bureau of Prisons, FCC Butner policies by UHealthSolutions and Federal Bureau of Prisons, FCC Butner, respectively. As a condition of employment, you must gain and maintain Federal Bureau of Prisons, FCC Butner approval for facility access. If at any time during your employment with UHealthSolutions, you have any questions or concerns with respect to any rule or regulation of UHealthSolutions and/or Federal Bureau of Prisons, FCC Butner, you must immediately speak with your supervisor.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of urinalysis, physical, and background investigation. All applicants are subject to National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and credit checks.
Successful completion of the “Introduction to Correctional Techniques”, three week training course is required.
This position has been identified as test designated. Incumbents will be subject to urinalysis testing under the BOP Drug Free Workplace Plan.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. UHS reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, due to business necessity.
UHealthSolutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds.