Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Respiratory Therapist (RT) at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI. Aspirus Wausau Hospital provides a wide variety of care including a NICU, Cardiac Surgical program and a large Medical ICU. Respiratory Therapists practice at a high level and utilize Therapist Driven Protocols for all therapies including ventilator management. Enjoy the opportunity to advance your practice with a clinical ladder that allows you to provide services such as Adult Intubation, Arterial Line Insertion, NICU transport and be compensated for the skills listed under 'Qualifications.'
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides respiratory and cardiopulmonary monitoring, diagnostics and therapy services under medical direction to patients in a variety of care environments
- Assists in orientation training of hospital staff, students and the public regarding respiratory disease and care.
- Provides respiratory care to patients of all ages, including neonates, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Interprets patient information and understands treatment needs depending on the age of patients under care.
- Demonstrates understanding of the needs of specific age groups in terms of their physical and motor development, psychosocial development and intellectual/language development.
- An active Wisconsin Respiratory Care Practitioner license required.
- Knowledge of respiratory care standards and protocols normally acquired through graduation from an AMA approved school of Respiratory Care with an Associate Degree.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Care or Biological Sciences beneficial.
- Registered RRT by the National Board of Respiratory Care, or registry eligible and obtained within one year of hire required.
- One year of critical care experience and experience in pulmonary function or cardiopulmonary lab beneficial.
- Neo-natal Resuscitation Program certification at time of hire or obtained within 6 months of employment for all Therapists assigned to NICU beneficial.
- Active membership in the American Association for Respiratory Care, experience with electrocardiography, arterial monitoring and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) beneficial.
- ACLS beneficial.
TheAspirushealthcare system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsinis located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.