Because of the recent increase in Contracts Capacity, EQM has several positions to incorporate into our existing teams. Locations actively hiring are: Cincinnati/Cleveland, Ohio and/or Detroit, MI; Sacramento, CA; Bothell (Seattle area), WA; and in the PA, WV, DE, MD, VA area
EQM is a full-service environmental consulting, engineering and remediation and construction management firm headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio Established in 1990, EQM has grown to over 230 professionals in 9 offices throughout the United States. Our environmental staff consists of engineers, geologists, chemists, industrial hygienists and safety specialists, environmental scientists, and remediation specialists serving clients ranging from small-scale local private industries and local/state agencies to large national companies and Federal agencies (USEPA, Army Corps, Air Force, etc.).
The primary function of this position is to manage hazardous waste site projects as a Response Manager or Project Manager (PM) in support of the firm's various cleanup and remediation contracts. This may be a "dual function" position, in that the individuals hired (if qualified) may also perform as a waste Transportation & Disposal Coordinator or Regulatory Specialist in support of other PMs from time to time. Work will be performed primarily in EPA Regions 9, 10, 5, 6 and 8 but occasionally work will involve projects in EPA Regions 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Manage, direct and control all site personnel, Team subcontractors, and specialty subcontractors.
- Manage, direct and control all daily work operations, including prepare daily work orders.
- Track actual work progress, schedule, and costs vs. planned schedule and costs.
- Oversee and review daily cost tracking reports and review daily reports with Clients.
- Meet daily with Clients to review work progress, planned activities, resource requirements, and daily costs.
- Conduct daily Site Safety meetings and oversee site safety program.
- Prepare required deliverables including Work Plans, Safety Plans, budgets, and monthly progress reports.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and permit requirements (e.g., ARARs).
- Perform and support all waste T&D activities (characterization, packaging and labeling, procuring offsite waste disposal/management vendors, coordinate with EQM Chemists and Data QAQC staff, prepare Offsite disposal reports, etc.)
- Maintain all project required onsite records.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical or scientific field.
- A Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) certification is desired but not required.
- 6 to 8 years direct on-scene response experience at sites involving toxic and hazardous substances/wastes and oil and other petroleum related wastes.
- 3 years' experience in a supervisory role as a Response/Project Manager supervising multi-disciplinary response personnel and subcontractors for emergency and time critical response actions
- Working knowledge of all applicable environmental DOT, and OSHA regulations.
- Desired Training: HAZWOPER; ICS 100-400, IS 700, IS 800; DOT/Hazardous Waste
- Approximately 65% travel is required.
No relocation or sponsorship assistance.
EQM conducts pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment physicals.
EQM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EEO) F/M/Disabled/Vets
This Employer Participates in E-Verify