JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
The Assistant Manager has ultimate accountability for the successful operation, growth and prosperity of an assigned Fazoli’s Restaurant. He/she provides leadership and direction to ensure the restaurant operates in accordance with all established policies, procedures, standards, Company values, and applicable federal, state and local laws. The Assistant Manager helps to maximizes sales and profitability through the execution of systems and processes that result in superior quality, service and cleanliness. He/she recruits, hires, trains, coaches, develops and retains a best-in-class team of professional Associates capable of delivering the Fazoli’s Brand to consumers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages his/her assigned restaurant to defined levels of operations excellence in accordance with all established Company policies, procedures and standards (as outlined in the Operations Manual and Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual), Company values and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Assesses the current performance and future potential of his/her business and identifies trends / issues that impede performance before recommending and initiating corrective actions to resolve. Employs approved operational and administrative business processes, tools and systems to maximize sales and profit performance and deliver desired results.
- Seeks to build in-house and off-premise sales using approved marketing programs and tools including POP, reader board, LRM, catering and fundraising.
- Develops, implements and executes short- and long-term business plans and budgets that promote strategic sales and profit growth. Assesses local and regional trade area and market conditions and reacts quickly and appropriately to gain or maintain competitive 2 advantage and build brand equity and awareness.
- Recruits, hires, trains, coaches, develops and retains a best-in-class team of professional Associates capable of delivering the Fazoli’s Brand to consumers.
- Develops management succession and bench strength utilizing the Company’s internal development processes and systems to ensure operational standards, team performance and corresponding financial goals and needs of the organization are met.
- Routinely evaluates all aspects of his/her business and consults with his/her Area Supervisor and appropriate Support Center resources to ensure necessary resources are brought to bear against issues and/or opportunities affecting the business.
- Maximizes restaurant profitability by instituting, maintaining, utilizing and enforcing effective management practices, policies, controls, tools and systems that enhance efficiency and productivity, minimize waste and loss, and promote a safe, secure work environment for Associates and Guests alike.
- Maintains the physical facility, grounds and equipment in accordance with Company standards through implementation of scheduled preventative maintenance and timely general upkeep and repairs. Ensures all equipment, tools and resources needed to meet or exceed desired results are readily available at all times.
- Administers all aspects of the business with impeccable integrity. Ensures all Team Members are aware of, understand, share and practice the Company’s values and operating philosophies through role modeling and ongoing education. Enforces and complies with all federal, state and local laws governing the employer-employee relationship, including but not limited to those pertaining to employment, harassment /discrimination, wage and hour, breaks, disabilities, termination of employment, worker’s compensation, unemployment compensation, etc.
- Builds professional business relationships and partnerships within the community and parlays such relationships into mutually beneficial business opportunities. Participates in community affairs that build brand awareness and reflect favorably on the Company as a corporate neighbor and citizen.
- Conducts a variety of administrative duties that enhance restaurant and organizational planning, forecasting, scheduling, budgeting and analysis. Leverages technology effectively to enhance business results.
- Performs miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned. 3 RECOMMENDED MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to an array of diverse internal and external clients. Ability to listen effectively, process information quickly and accurately, and transfer knowledge in a variety of settings, including one-on-one, small groups and meetings. Ability to get things done with and through other people.
- Ability to recruit, select, supervise, coach, develop, motivate and retain talented Associates. Ability to build an effective team and establish esprit de corps across generational and multicultural lines. Ability to establish, maintain and enforce consistently high performance standards.
- Possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of general business and financial principles, including but not limited to profit and loss statements, controllable profit, and drop through, revenue generation, asset depreciation, budgeting, amortization and allocations. Ability to visualize and apply innovative solutions to current and anticipated business opportunities.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, anticipate, analyze and implement multiple projects and tasks simultaneously within budget and on schedule. ? Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Calls upon experience and leadership skills to assess opportunities and risks, validate assumptions, make decisions and take swift, appropriate actions.
- Ability to adapt to, and manage, change. Demonstrates flexibility and mental agility when assessing and responding to various routine and non-routine situations. Ability to act decisively with or without sufficient information.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, competitive nature and contagious enthusiasm that drive team performance to achieve desired results. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work being performed by the Employee(s) functioning in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified nor should they be construed as limiting the Company’s right to modify the duties of the job.
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Minimum Age: 18 years of age of older.
- Experience and Training:
- External Candidates: 3 years of Management experience in casual and fast casual dining required.
- Internal Candidates: 1 year of experience as a successful Fazoli’s Assistant General Manager.
- Must successfully complete all required Fazoli’s training and certifications in a 4-6 week paid training in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
- Must be available to work all scheduled hours of restaurant operations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully clear a background and reference check process.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential function of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. The work is typically performed in a restaurant environment, with moderate noise. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, and talk and/or hear. Team members frequently are required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Team members must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Hazards: The hazards are only those present in a normal restaurant setting or while traveling by car on Company business.
Fazoli’s is an equal opportunity employer valuing a diverse workforce to build a stronger company.