What would I be doing?
When we say “BE THE BEST YOU” here at L’Auberge Lake Charles, we live it every day. What could be better than providing entertainment and excitement as a career? We’re looking for individuals who are committed to not only excelling in their profession, but also in having fun and enjoying what they do.
Be part of the team that provides our guests with the chance to eat drink and be merry. Ensure our guests’ food and beverage requests are met with extraordinary Service in all types of venues.
The Restaurant Assistant Manager - Modern Pantry is responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for guests and employees, promoting and retaining a highly skilled work force. The Restaurant Assistant Manager - Favorites is also responsible for operating and maintaining an efficient and profitable (front-of-the-house) food services operation, as well as for participating in the planning and direction of the assigned outlet(s); manages the activities and functions of the assigned food outlet(s), including monitoring of the budget, staffing issues, and operation performance, ensuring the delivery of quality service and most appropriate price value consistent with Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.’s objectives.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
1.Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to have Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. as their casino of choice; responsible for actively building and retaining customer relations and acts as a mentor to employees in order to provide superior customer service.
2.Hires, motivates, evaluates and supervises front-of-the-house staff in order to ensure employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
3.Responsible for morale of staff through quality of supervision and training and provides training for all assigned outlet personnel to ensure customer service standards are met.
4.Establishes department standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes, such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of the outlet.
5.Develops and maintains an intricate knowledge of restaurant performance by monitoring guest satisfaction, volume, cost, marketing promotions and competitors’ programs in order to implement necessary and innovative changes to ensure Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. continues to offer superior product and service.
6.Works with the Director of Food & Beverage to analyze food cost and forecast business trends in order to make recommendations for revision of menu prices and food specials that will most appropriately meet company needs.
7.Responsible for ordering and maintaining accurate inventory levels of all restaurant supplies.
8.Conducts inspections of front-of-the-house areas to ensure compliance with procedures, security of company assets, and guest and employee safety.
9.Investigates and resolves customer complaints in order to maintain positive customer relations.
10.Works with the Restaurant Manager and Supervisor(s) on all day to day operations of the Restaurant (front-of-the-house)
- This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, as well as all levels of employees.
- Ability to observe and direct actions of subordinates, monitor all activity within the dining room and to inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Ability to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around the dining room area.
- Ability to lift and carry stacks of menus weighing up to 10 pounds.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of various positions within the restaurant, e.g., host/hostess, dining room attendant, waitperson, etc.
- Knowledge of food, food product, food preparation, etc.
- Ability to link scheduling to customer flow.
- Ability to monitor and control cash flow and security of assets.
- Knowledge of service, service etiquette, and standard service practices for full-service restaurants.
- Knowledge of standard safety and sanitation practices for food and beverage service.
This knowledge and these skills are typically acquired through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent and six years’ restaurant service, with at least two years in a supervisory capacity; or the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Restaurant Management, Business Administration or equivalent and three years’ restaurant service with at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
All offers of employment are contingent until clear, timely results from the following have been approved:
- Drug Test
- Criminal Background Investigation
- Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Motor Vehicle Records, if applicable (for applicable positions that drive company vehicles)
What would it be like to work at this property?
L’Auberge Casino Resort is located two hours from the Houston metropolitan area. This premier facility is ideal for the business traveler or guest looking for the ultimate in hospitality and dining experiences, plus non-stop gaming action. The property includes a 26-story hotel complex; an 18-hole golf course designed by Tom Fazio; 26,000 gross square feet of meeting space, including a full-service business center and landscaped terrace space plus outdoor poolside lawn and beach; two resort swimming pools, lazy river and private cabana courtyard; full-service salon, spa and cardio fitness center; unique retail stores; ten innovative dining outlets; and top-name entertainment. And the expansive 70,000 square foot casino features Vegas-like gambling action.
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
777 Avenue L'Auberge
Lake Charles, LA 70601
What would it be like to be a Pinnacle Entertainment Team Member?
Mission & Vision