Founded in June 2007 and based in Denver, Colorado’s Cherry Creek neighborhood, the first Smashburger opened with one simple notion in mind: to serve a better burger and, in the process, helped create a new category. The brand smashed convention to deliver an all-in better burger experience focused on fresh, quality ingredients, a cool, hip environment, and exceptional service conducive to a busy modern lifestyle.
About JFC, our Parent Company
In October 2015, Smashburger Master LLC, agreed to sell a significant stake to Jollibee Foods Corp. (JFC). Jollibee is the largest restaurant company in the Philippines, operating more than 3,000 restaurants, including Burger King Philippines, Red Ribbon, ChowKing, Greenwich Pizza, and with 30% of its restaurants outside the Philippines. Today, Jollibee is the 100% owner of Smashburger and seeks to solidify the brand in the U.S. before its next chapter of growth in the U.S. and abroad, which includes organic growth, unit expansion and new acquisitions. In July 2019, Jollibee announced the acquisition of Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf moving further towards their vision of becoming one of the “Top Five” restaurant companies in the world. Jollibee is characterized by a culture of trust, humility, collaboration, decisiveness and executional excellence.
What We Offer:
-Highly competitive wages
-401k, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
-Pre-Tax Savings Accounts
Smashburger has new locations opening up across the U.S. in 2019! We have a huge focus on internal promotions, so any position you start in will give you the opportunity to get to the next level. Apply today to join our growing company!
Smashburger Assistant Manager Responsibilities:
- Assists the GM in the hiring, training and developing hourly team members
- Assists the GM in making timely schedules and appropriate staffing levels in accordance to Smashburger labor matrix
- Assists the GM in ordering inventory and checking in product delivery
- Provides support to the GM in managing shifts, assigning and coaching team members on job duties and performance
- Ensures every guest has a SIZZLING experience
- Delivers high quality, attractive food made according to Smashburger recipes
- Follows proper sanitation and cleanliness standards in the restaurant to fulfill health requirements and Smashburger standards
- Follows all cash handling procedures to minimize all cash shortages. Ensures that cash is deposited into the bank daily
- Foster a safe work environment by following safety guidelines
- Follow all guidelines and procedures as outlined by Smashburger
- Maintaining proper employee records, and documentation per company standards and federal, state and local ordinances
- Ideal candidates will have previous supervisory experience within the restaurant and/or hospitality industry
- Must be able to successfully complete food and alcohol safety certification programs
- Proven ability to drive guest service initiatives by motivating and leading team members
- Must possess a sense of urgency, enjoy fast paced environment, and guest service focus
- Ability to successfully complete training program
- Ability to follow all guidelines and procedures set forth by Smashburger, local, state, and federal employment regulations
- Smashburger participates in E-Verify
While performing the duties of this position, a manager may regularly be required to: work 50 hours a week, work days, nights and/or weekends, work in a fast paced environment, work around hot equipment (grill, fryer) and occasionally be exposed to cold temperatures (walk in freezer/refrigerator). This position may regularly be required to occasionally lift and carry boxes and supplies up to 50lbs, move around the restaurant and tight spaces; walk or stand 100% of shift and reach, bend, stoop, mop and sweep frequently.