Primary Responsibilities: To provide the best “See You Tomorrow” guest experience by mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, following Applebee’s specifications. Serves food and drinks to guests in a courteous and timely manner.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water and fruit juice to prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (30%*)
- Interacts verbally with all bar guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere by continuously using the guest’s name. (20%*)
- Serves food and drinks to all bar guests. (15%*)
- Slices fruit and vegetable garnishes for drinks. (5%*)
- Presents guest checks to bar patrons. Makes correct change and/or completes any necessary charge card transactions. (5%*)
- Processes employee and/or manager food orders. (5%*)
- Relays food orders to kitchen via the point-of-sale computerized register system. (5%)
- Participates in the Bartender Guest Readiness responsibilities and Bartender “See You Tomorrow” Readiness responsibilities. (15%*)
- Able to operate blenders, frozen drink machines and other bar equipment.
- Ability to complete the Bartender Guest Readiness responsibilities and Bartender “See You Tomorrow” Readiness responsibilities.
- Transports glass racks and cases (such as a case of beer) up to 25 pounds up to 15 times per shift.
- Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Stands during entire shift.
Must have ability to remain stationary for long periods of up to four (4) hours in length. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to employees, dining room staff and guests. Must have good sense of balance, be able to reach, bend, stoop, kneel, and have the ability to frequently lift and bus plates, glasses, trays, etc., weighing up to 25 pounds. Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication.