Students, faculty, staff and visitors on the Health Sciences Campus (HSC) count on USC Hospitality to provide a fresh, made-to-order, wholesome meal. With options including Einstein Bros. Bagels, Starbucks, and Panda Express, HSC exceeds all of our customers’ expectations for convenient and satisfying cuisine. Also located on the HSC campus, Seeds Marketplace (Seeds North) and Plaza Marketplace offer handcrafted and customizable salads, sandwiches and smoothies, as well as grab and go snacks and beverages. We take pride in providing extraordinary service and plentiful high-quality food options that reflect the Trojan focus on excellence.
We are creating a candidate pool for our Restaurant Busser positions at the Health Sciences Campus.
What to Expect:
Customer service is our number one priority, and the Restaurant Busser will be responsible for upholding our high standards of excellence as you welcome our guests. You will help to ensure that our energetic, friendly, hardworking, and warm work environment flows throughout the kitchen and dining room. As a Busser, you have the opportunity to provide an exceptional experience for every guest that walks in our door and leave them with a lasting impression.
Pay Rate: $13.52/Hour
- Provide customer services to faculty, staff, students, and guests. Meet and greet guests. Provide necessary information to guests.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the facilities, equipment, and servicewear.
- Assist in set-up and break-down of dining room, serving area, buffets, coffee stations, and product displays.
- Stock and maintain all supplies, food items, and utensils.
- Provide basic hot and cold food and beverage preparation service. Serve food and beverages to customers. Assemble and package food and beverage products.
- Interpret and execute directions and requests on Banquet Event Order forms.
- Provide basic audio-visual service and support.
- Open and close facilities as required.
- Assist in kitchen sanitation program. Comply with standard food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Adhere to department service standards and to all health, safety and university rules and regulations.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required. Report to station, ready to work at the time work assignment is scheduled to begin.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School degree not required.
- Experience: 0 – 6 months.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have open availability.
What We Prefer:
- High School Diploma.
- Experience working as a busser or food runner at a high-volume, fast-paced restaurant or hotel.
- Proven ability to provide the highest level of customer service and work with various levels and types of customers.
- Knowledge of proper serving protocols.
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience using a point of sale system.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Less than high school
0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Demonstrated customer service experience. Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Ability to effectively communicate in English. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: