*$500 Hiring Bonus*
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a great career with a company where you and your efforts will truly be valued? Join our team at Sapp Bros.! We operate a chain of travel centers stretching from Utah to Pennsylvania, providing our customers with quality products, a clean environment, and a commitment to excellent service. We are currently looking for motivated hard-working candidates to fill open Restaurant Cook positions.
As a Restaurant Cook, you will help us to provide our customers with the best possible dining experience. This will include preparing all menu items to our specifications and ensuring quality as well as prompt ticket times. It will also be your responsibility to stock and clean the kitchen.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Following health rules and regulations at all times, including washing hands on a constant basis
* Performing sanitation duties, including emptying garbage, cleaning the cooking line, and sanitizing water for cleanup
* Storing and rotating all stock
* Maintaining high cooking standards
* Following shift cleanup schedule
* Maintaining cost control methods for portion control, rotation of food, plate breakage due to misuse, and filling out waste sheets
* Adhering to all health code policies, including proper food safety and food temperatures
* Keeping all kitchen areas clean, including cook line, prep area, walk-ins, and storerooms; including washing dishes
* Adhering to the dress code and maintaining a high level of personal hygiene
* Working as a team and maintaining a professional demeanor and tone of voice at all times
* Performing all duties assigned by your management team
Our Safety Mission Statement is to sustain zero accidents by providing a safe environment, worked in by safety minded employees.
As a Restaurant Cook, you must be reliable and hard working with a positive and friendly attitude. It is also important that you maintain a professional image at all times.
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Willingness and ability to learn
* Strong team-working skills
* Willingness to adhere to the dress code and to maintain a high level of personal hygiene
* Willing to obtain food handlers permit per state requirements; paid for by Sapp Bros.
* Ability to provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States
* Willingness to undergo a criminal background, credit, and employment reference check
* Physical presence at assigned work site required
As a Sapp Bros. employee, you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
* Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Prescription Plan
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
* Education Assistance Program
* Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Shoe allowance paid for by company
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store & Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement - We promote from within!