The Restaurant Coordinator is responsible for the opening and/or closing of the dining room, serving all customers including residents, guests, and family members.
- Provide a high level of customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with the Director of Culinary Services and/or Executive Director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- Coach and train the new and current wait staff in accordance with company guidelines.
- Create a strong sense of team work and cooperation among all staff.
- Assist Restaurant Manager in the management of work schedules for wait staff.
- Assist with preparation and execution of the Art of Atria Dining enhancement programs.
- Able to maintain par levels for items such as linen, table setting supplies, and uniforms.
- Adheres to and trains staff on Quality Enhancement standards and standard food safety practices.
- Assist with planning, preparation, and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- When applicable acquaint new residents with menus, seating, and dining options and hours.
- Set tables in accordance to Atria standards.
- Serve residents and guest’s beverages as requested.
- Review daily menu with residents and takes and delivers accurate meal orders to residents and guests.
- Remove used or soiled plates, utensils, glasses, linen from the dining room as needed.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing carpet, tables, chairs, condiment containers, and equipment used in the dining room.
- Communicate resident likes and dislikes to Director of Culinary Services and/or dining room manager for menu planning purposes and resident satisfaction.
- Attend Pre-Meal stand up held for all dining and kitchen staff.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of 2 years dining room or restaurant wait staff experience.
- Working knowledge of basic kitchen operations and food safety standards.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to resolve problems of dissatisfied customers and/or employees.
- Previous experience in banquets or special event planning.
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft word and Excel.
dining room, dining room coordinator, dining room manager, restaurant manager, restaurant supervisor, kitchen help, banquet, culinary, hotel, hospitality, country club, resort, food service, restaurant
What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 225 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.